eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: A new catagory for finished cross stitch pieces

Default A new catagory for finished cross stitch pieces

Hi Gazza,

Please can you add a category for "finished cross stitch pieces", I realize you already have cross stitch under Crafts & Sewing/Sewing & Embroidery/Cross Stitch/Cards/Kits/Other/Patterns/Stamped cross stitch.

What would really be nice is:
    Crafts & Sewing:
    Cross Stitch:
    Cards:
    Finished cross stitch:
    Kits:
    Other:
    Patterns:
    Stamped cross stitch:

I have my cross stitch cards listed under Cross Stitch "Cards". My bookmarks, magnets, finished pieces, small framed cross stitch pictures', are listed under "other". I feel they are getting lost among the fabrics, thread, needles, blank cards, etc.

Right now there are 496 items, listed under Cross Stitch.. Other..

I see you have Needlepoint & Plastic Canvas as secondary catagories under Crafts & Sewing. Would it be possible to bring Cross Stitch up as a secondary catagory also? I think there is, or will be in the future, a lot more cross stitch items listed.

Thanks so much for your consideration in this matter.
    --------------

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

With my buyer's head on, I'd look for finished pieces under "crafts and sewing" > "hand-made goods". Have you looked in there? There are three sub-cats there, which look as if they could use some work maybe?

It would be useful to add 'magazines' to those subs - (I know they could go in 'Books, Comics & magazines)
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    With my buyer's head on, I'd look for finished pieces under "crafts and sewing" > "hand-made goods". Have you looked in there? There are three sub-cats there, which look as if they could use some work maybe?
    Hi, bykimbo, nice to talk to you..Yes, I did look there when I first listed my cross stitch items. I decided to list under Sewing & Embroidery because they had a sub-cat called Cross Stitch, which is mostly what I sell. Under the "hand made" cat you have a few cross stitch items listed but it is mostly paper art items. I have a few of that type listed there myself.

In my search, I noticed cross stitch leaflets listed under the Needlepoint sub cat. and even some plastic canvas items there when they have a sub cat for plastic canvas.

I think a sub cat for Cross Stitch under Crafts & Sewing would be great & easier for people looking for cross stitch items. Then under Cross Stitch could be the other sub cats. Cards, Finished cross stitch, Kits, Other, Patterns, Stamped cross stitch.

I think in this way, it would bring all the Cross Stitch items together in one place, under the cat of Crafts & Sewing...which Cross Stitch is, both a Craft & Sewing [needlework].

Good idea and Good Luck, Sandy! Your cross stitch creations are lovely. New categories/sub-categories haven't been added in a while. Hope we get the ones we need. I won't be able to list my Junior clothing until I get the proper sub-category to list them in.

Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher2008 View Post
    Good idea and Good Luck, Sandy! Your cross stitch creations are lovely. New categories/sub-categories haven't been added in a while. Hope we get the ones we need. I won't be able to list my Junior clothing until I get the proper sub-category to list them in.
    I wondered if you had gotten your "junior" sub cat, So I looked & didn't see any. I don't think listing by age is good as not all teens are built alike. I wore junior sizes until I was about 20 or 21 years old, then went to misses, don't want to tell you what I wear now...lol.

I just thought it was a good idea to get the Cross Stitch stuff together in one place. As I said earlier I wasn't sure where to put it. I just didn't think it belonged with all the supplies, etc.

Sandy - I'm beginning to think that categories changes are well and truly 'on hold' at present - we don't seem to have had any response from admin for quite a while!

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    Sandy - I'm beginning to think that categories changes are well and truly 'on hold' at present - we don't seem to have had any response from admin for quite a while!
    I quite agree. Which in turn makes me think that maybe categories are being completely revamped in the new redesign.

Agreed - (I really hope so!)

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would use this cat too if it was available. I have mine listed in other and they probably aren't seen unless someone is going through my listings after finding something else.

Thread Information