Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about getting going

Forum Newbie
    All-About shir1966
    View shir1966's Listings
    Forum Posts

That's good advice deltadelta48, I hope that I can add a veriety of prices for my pieces and a discount in postage is a good idea. I do hope I am not boring everyone too much though, that was not my intention.
    Thanks again

Oh my, you are not boring us at all! This is the place to ask questions and share information because it helps all of us to increase our sales. The more buyers who come in because of what you or I do, the more chances that those buyers will buy from many others.

Oh, as someone just suggested, if you sell specialized items (like yours), join some online jewelry sites and often they let you "advertise" your ebid goodies on your info pages (I belong to a knitting site and they let me advertise my vintage linen web site in my bio sheet).

Good luck on ebid, you are going to do great!

Forum Newbie
    All-About shir1966
    View shir1966's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks deltadelta48
    I shall look for jewellery sites as you suggested, that is a great idea and thanks for the reassurance I think I probable have to be patient and wait it out.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and

One thing I'd do immediately is make sure your featured listings are NOT going to repost. If you have them set to automatically repost 10 times it's going to cost you £130 a month for the 13 featured items (£1 per item per repost). I don't think there is enough activity on the site to warrant using the featured function for auctions yet. Also, with the recession, high end items are selling VERY slowly. I would suggest having maybe 2 or 3 of your best items as featured but use run-until-sold and the rest as normal, unfeatured countdown listings.

You may find some useful tips on the following two links.

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=88268
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...1&postcount=21

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Newbie
    All-About shir1966
    View shir1966's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi cmjewels925,
    thanks for that I had just relized yesterday that I needed to change the featured listings or it was going to cost a fortune
    I take a while to work stuff out but I will get there I will also check out the links you have given me thanks.

Good points.

With featured items, I think it only takes one or two to steer someone toward your other items. Not necessary to make a lot of your items featured ones. Go into BUY and look your stuff up. If it is only one in category, you might be near top of page anyway so why pay extra? Some bigger categories can bury items, then putting ONE in featured will let buyers access all of your other items thru the link in the listing.

But I might be living in a fool's paradise (I guess we always assume people search just like we do).

Forum Newbie
    All-About shir1966
    View shir1966's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes I must agree when I searched for general items my pieces came up in the first two pages anyway so the listed one were efinatly a false economy. mind you I might not have said that if my pieces had sold first time round

Thread Information