My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Bulk uploader/Google checkout questions

Default Bulk uploader/Google checkout questions

Hey all... quick questions. For the bulk uploader, are sub-categories really important? Seems like looking up individual genres would be very labor intensive.

Also, Google Checkout (and payfoe), if I offer a volume discount, how do I present that with those buttons/systems?

Sorry, tried searching through forums but as some topics have 17 pages, I may have missed it.

Thanks again : )

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, sub-cats are important; your chances of making a sale are greatly increased if buyers can find your items easily.

You deal with discounts on the eBid invoice which is then picked up by whichever payment processor your buyer chooses.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Ahh, so I can "alter" the invoice to reflect a discount prior to payment?

Thanks!

Hello MediaOne, The eBid site policies for listing require sellers to list in the correct categories - including sub categories. EBid management reserve the right to close listings which are not in the correct categories without notice. As this includes subcategories, it would be best to get all your listings into the correct categories. I am not sure if potential sellers are able to browse on sib-categories yet but when that comes it will be another reason for trying to get your products into the correct categories. Many thanks, Robert

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westlondoncarparts View Post
    I am not sure if potential sellers are able to browse on sib-categories yet but when that comes it will be another reason for trying to get your products into the correct categories.
    Yes, buyers can browse by sub-cats. I know if I'm looking for things, especially music, books or movies, I only browse the sub-cats that interest me. There's too much to search through if you just use the top level category and I get bored.

When you're doing a combined invoice, there are two links at the bottom of the list of items where you can add a discount to the shipping and/or the item costs. When you click on the link a box appears for you to put in the value of the discount. The default setting is % but you can change it to $ if you prefer.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Thread Information