Thread: Postage on 7''

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Postage on 7''

Hi guys & gals
    How much do you charge for posting a 7'' single myself £1.25 and havent increased with the price rise(some may show at £1.89 recorded) just havent got round to editing them yet but give the buyer the choice.
    Reason I ask is I found one seller charging £3.50 for a 7'' single recorded or £2.50 1st class,I am afraid I WOULD NOT PAY THAT
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    Hi guys & gals
    How much do you charge for posting a 7'' single myself £1.25 and havent increased with the price rise(some may show at £1.89 recorded) just havent got round to editing them yet but give the buyer the choice.
    Reason I ask is I found one seller charging £3.50 for a 7'' single recorded or £2.50 1st class,I am afraid I WOULD NOT PAY THAT
    I charge 90p - £1.10 this is because I have changed templates for my 7 inches, I think I am under charging at the moment due to price increases, but when they come up for re-listing I will be charging a standard rate of £1.18

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    Hi guys & gals

Normaly charged £1.45 by post office, but last couple were 90p
    Welcome to Wonderland

SantasWonderland DVD Grotto

SantasWonderland Vinyl & CD Grotto

All round entertainment, not just for Christmas

Join EBID now and join in all the fun yourself

UK - £1.50
    +1 - £0.25

Europe - £2
    +1 - £0.35

International - £2.50
    +1 £0.50

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm charging £1. whether it's a 7" single, or a 12" Lp or a CD.....or a book, or anything.

I do know that on some of my lower priced items that means I'll be making a loss, but I hope that people may see an expensive item they want, then perhaps boost it up by buying a few cheap bits to absorb the postage.

If it works I might be able to clear out some of my record room quicker.

I have no idea if the stuff I am listing cheap is collectible or valuable or not - I just want rid of it.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

I charge actual postage cost plus around 20p for packaging. Buyers score big time by making muliple purchases.

Forum Lurker
    View bitzunbobz's Feedback (+1046)
    All-About bitzunbobz
    View bitzunbobz's Listings
    Forum Posts

I charge £1.70 for 2nd class recorded. Never had one 'missing' yet and once packaging is factored in, at best, I make 10p.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJay View Post
    I'm charging £1. whether it's a 7" single, or a 12" Lp
    :O That's cheap!

£2.14 post + £0.32 for mailer + 2 card stiffeners + £0.32 payment processing fee charged by Paypal = £2.78 which I round up to £2.85 to include use of address labels, tape and marker pens... I am really hard-nosed when it comes to postal charges tbh... The customer can pay for the wear on my trainers when I go to the PO, AFAIK. But I'm a lot more lenient when it comes to retail price though, I will do stuff at 25p quite happily

I have a philosophy about that actually, you should be cheap on price or on post but not on both or you will end up working for nowt... But it's different for private sellers just trying to make space, and / or looking to give stuff a good home, I know...

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHappinessRecords View Post
    :O That's cheap!

I have a philosophy about that actually, you should be cheap on price or on post but not on both or you will end up working for nowt... But it's different for private sellers just trying to make space, and / or looking to give stuff a good home, I know...
    That is quite true. if you look at my pricing, most of my records are of higher value, on most of them I have factored in enough to cover postage. I do have quite a few loss leaders in there. Records at 15 - 25p, still with £1.00 shipping - They also come into the buy as many as you like and still only pay £1.00 shipping. I know it sounds mad, but I really do want those records out of my way. - But, they are too good to throw away, and probably there is somebody that may want them. I have seen a couple of my 25p specials for sale at much, much higher prices.

I would hope that somebody might see one of the rare records and pay full price for it, then add in a handful of bargains, whcih they could re-sell perhaps.

The same applies to my books and games - There are some items which I will make a bit of a loss on, but I have taken that into consideration, and if they do sell, they should actually become an asset for contact and feedback purposes.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Thread Information