Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Endless amazing no talk

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Endless amazing no talk

Endless amazing no talk, no about this seller.... I know it makes me run away when I see a seller offering valuable(over $50.00) and very valuable items and says nada about theirselves((that is clear, readable 'tween the lines by smart folk) or comments in forums here, nothing.
    Would be buyers should use double caution, beware.
    And do not give me that garbage story about they do not have the time... or they are busy listing/selling, hogwash.

I do know that my blackball list grows weekly here.. no part of them do I invite.

No one is perfect and some sellers do not realize how strange it looks to have no personal info at all, plus odd listings with no pictures or descriptions on really expensive items.

I doubt they are all dishonest, just not very good at presenting themselves or what they are selling.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are also those.. who play dumb and make their listings look like.. they do not know better.
    You must be smart, reading auctions should give those who really care.. the headsup to blinking red lights.

This has nothing to do with... No one is perfect etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    There are also those.. who play dumb and make their listings look like.. they do not know better.
    You must be smart, reading auctions should give those who really care.. the headsup to blinking red lights.

This has nothing to do with... No one is perfect etc.
    You're quite right about that. Lots of item listings have poor quality images (overexposed, out of focus, contrast too high). It is very easy to make paper money in VF-EF grade look Unc just by cranking up the contrast and brightness so you don't see those folds and creases. Admittedly, there are lots of people who are technologically illiterate, i.e. they have not learned to properly use their digital cameras and scanners. It's still no excuse for posting really bad pictures.

I'd say half of the copper coins (or more) on any auction site look like brown circles against a white backdrop. To get a copper coin to show some detail in a scan, increase the brightness and drop the contrast. It's simple if you have the right software. Unfortunately, most people never learn to use the software and thereby scan in full auto mode (letting the computer decide what to do).

There's one seller in the Canadian paper money category... he's been an eBid member longer than I... his items are wantonly overpriced, even for the strong market... and yet his feedback is still 0. EBid should really do something to put time limits on listings. This is embarrassing. He had 22 different accounts on FeeBay until the latter site changed the feedback rules to remove a seller's ability to leave negative feedback for buyers. Overnight, all of his accounts closed. He has an incredible collection of rare notes, perhaps the finest in Canada, but he is clueless as a seller. Oh, and his listings are just like you talked about (i.e., no substance).
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Thread Information