Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebid mentioned in PCPro Magazine

Default Ebid mentioned in PCPro Magazine

The June issue of hubby's PCPro magazine arrived this morning (not sure when it will be available in the shops).
    The front page reads: E**y Exposed. Fat fees, hidden costs, sellers in revolt.

There is a 6 page article inside. Ebid gets mentioned briefly right at the start of it as the biggest alternative and on one of the pages there is a nice box all about Ebid, including number of listings and something about the fee strucure.

Forum Lurker
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Jencel's Feedback (+17)
    All-About Jencel
    View Jencel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Excellent !

Celia
    For a growing selection of beads, threads and findings.
    My ebid Bead Shop

My All About Me

Smile PC Pro

I have read the article. It does refer to Ebid being a cluttered site but mentions that it is the second biggest online auction site. Hopefully readers of PC Pro will now turn their buying habits to EBid.
    I liked the section on the EB*y lock in with PayPal and loved the section titled "Gagging sellers".

About time somebody did a bit of 'exposing'! LOL
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Congratulations ebid on yet another positive article. More buyers. More sellers. Better community. Well done.
    See all the items up for sale this week at Crazymama's

http://us.ebid.net/stores/crazymamas

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Marianne - does it say who wrote the article, or was it simply an un-named "staff writer"?

Forum Newbie
    All-About ciaobambino
    View ciaobambino's Listings
    Forum Posts

Afternoon!! I read the PC Pro article this morning and thought I'd give ebid a go. I've sold on eb*y since 2001, and just in this last year my sales have dropped dramatically. Whether that's down to the economic climate or eb*y policy changes, I can't say.

I've listed three auctions this morning to see how they go, and if successful, I will add more at the end of the week. I hope this leads to not having to use eb*y at all and hopefully some of my customers will come with me

It was a really interesting article, BTW. A real eye opener.

xx

Welcome!

This IS an excellent site, but be aware that it is is somewhat slower on here because it's not the first auction site that springs to everyone's mind!! LOL

Good luck with your sales!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Newbie
    Wednesbury, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View pixframes's Feedback (+2)
    All-About pixframes
    View pixframes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question New to ebid

The PC Pro article got me interested in listing on Ebid. I was particularly impressed by the Seller+ lifetime subscription. Anyhow somewhere i've heard the rumour that there may be a way to migrate over listings on ebay to ebid. Can anyone shed more light on whether this is possible. Cheers.

Default Pc pro article-eb*y & ebid.net- go ebid !

Seems that eb*y needs to really be exposed, do you realize that on all the revenue they collect, they do not have to pay taxes on any of it in the state of california, "arnold s." what is wrong with you ????? And yet they are getting away with literally choking the small seller, not gagging them, literally choking them, by the time you get all your listings up and pay the listing fee's and then "if" you sell the item, the final value fee is at 8-12.9%, and then paypal fee's to accept the monies incoming, well i say that they are just getting way out of hand, they have kickd off alot of people and the honest ones and are keeping the sheisters.
    Do you realize that they are the largest host for selling stolen goods ? They also allow this , oh they know that the items are either stolen or fake, but do they care ? No, because that is how eb*y gets their share of revenues.

It just does not seem to be right that they can terminate anyones account and freeze their monies as well, eb*y owns paypal, so why are they also charging a fee to recieve monies, is their fees to list and final value fees set high enough to cover that? I believe they are and so do thousands of other people.

I encourage people to use google checkout, they are thee most safest and most secure way to recieve funds online, and they do not have the right to access your account or freeze your monies. Paypal is not even a bank or fdic insured, so to anyone out their using paypal, i best suggest that you clearout and transfer funds regularly,they also have the right to do a credit check on you, and if they do not like you they will close out your account as well, and hold all your monies for 180 days plus !
    This is just not fair !

Thread Information