eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bootleg DVD's, Pirated DVD's, Copies etc...

View GrabYou's Feedback (+161)
    All-About GrabYou
    View GrabYou's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Bootleg DVD's, Pirated DVD's, Copies etc...

Hi, All

I've just join ebid to sell my dvd collection mainly because I would like to make the move to HD.I've listed a few of them which took me ages so I guess to sell my whole collection it's gonna take me hummm a long time. (600+ to list)

Anyway I was looking around the dvd section and was rather shocked to see so many import bootleg from China. From my first impression nearly the whole TV section is bootleg stuff from China or even worse just plain copies from TVRip downloaded from the net and put to CD or DVD using a PC.

Another obvious bootleg is the famous 100 year Disney chest.

So what is ebid doing about it?

I wonder if it's worth taking the time to list all my collection considering the competition is selling illegal stuffs?

How and about reporting stuffs to ebid I agree this is a good idea but when it's an entire section like the TV DVD is it not ebid job to do the cleaning considering we are paying after all either when we sell our things or by the subscription fee?
    Last edited by GrabYou; 12th April 2009 at 10:56 PM.
    Hardware trouble? Video encoding trouble? Want to learn to use Usenet? Want to mod your Wii, PS2 etc..? Want to Improve your connection Speed? Just Ask!!!

Google is your Friend!! Use it!!!

Wii Fit and Wii Console in sale in my Shop

My PC Specs: Intel E6600 OC @3.19Ghz 100% Stable, Asus P5N-T Deluxe, MSi 2 X 8800GTS OC 320MB in Sli, 4GB DDR2 PC8500 OCZ Sli Ready OC @ 1150Mhz, PSU OCZ ModXStream 900W, OS Vista Ultimate SP1 64Bit

Well personally, I am not going to buy a whole lot of DVDs from a seller until I make small purchases first to "check the goods". Seeing as how you have 600 (assuming you are selling individually), speaking as a buyer you would have repeat business after the initial smaller purchases turned out ok.

Don't know if that helps or not and just one fellas opinion

Any auction which appears to be offering illegal items or which contravenes eBid's own rules should be reported to eBid Support. Just choose the option from the left hand menu on that auction and the Support team will take a look and decide on the appropriate course of action.

All-About GrabYou
    View GrabYou's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MediaOne View Post
    Well personally, I am not going to buy a whole lot of DVDs from a seller until I make small purchases first to "check the goods". Seeing as how you have 600 (assuming you are selling individually), speaking as a buyer you would have repeat business after the initial smaller purchases turned out ok.

Don't know if that helps or not and just one fellas opinion
    Yep you are right I don't intend to sell them as 1 lot but instead listing them individually I've already started doing a few each day because I like to have a nice listing with the trailer etc + anyway I'm in no hurry.
    Hardware trouble? Video encoding trouble? Want to learn to use Usenet? Want to mod your Wii, PS2 etc..? Want to Improve your connection Speed? Just Ask!!!

My PC Specs: Intel E6600 OC @3.19Ghz 100% Stable, Asus P5N-T Deluxe, MSi 2 X 8800GTS OC 320MB in Sli, 4GB DDR2 PC8500 OCZ Sli Ready OC @ 1150Mhz, PSU OCZ ModXStream 900W, OS Vista Ultimate SP1 64Bit

All-About GrabYou
    View GrabYou's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Any auction which appears to be offering illegal items or which contravenes eBid's own rules should be reported to eBid Support. Just choose the option from the left hand menu on that auction and the Support team will take a look and decide on the appropriate course of action.
    Thanks for the reply Damian.

Yes I understand the usefullness of this option if it was only a few offences but in the case of the TV section as I was explaining don't you think it is ebid which should police their website?

Even if those were a genuine DVD which they are not the legislation about import stipulate that you cannot import for resale foreign DVD when you are based in the UK. But someone based for example in the usa can sell to a UK customer. Quite Clear then for the guys out there trying to make money by getting those chinese import for resale even if those where not bootleg but real/genuine you are still breaking the law.

The Support team are quite good at removing offending items and investigating suspect sellers - but they DO require our help to do it. Unless someone brings the items to their attention they are not likely to find them. Support do not have the time to go through every single listing on the whole site, section by section, until they get to the end and then have to start again.

If you want to see eBid succeed and grow then you need to play your part and raise issues where appropriate.

All-About GrabYou
    View GrabYou's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good point I'll do my part then.

Hello. I still think alot of people don't realize there is all region DVD players being made. Also you can change your computer's region and play all region DVDs with it also. Use your computer second monitor option and plug in your TV for display if your video card supports it. As fas as pirate or illegal I wouldn't know. Any movies I have for sale came from wally mart downtown. If there is a problem, we'll both take them to court! My games are made in the USA & Canada not China. Microsoft did contract 3 big factories in China to produce the xbox 360 console. And there is legal software being made in Canada, USA, Mexico, Asia. Other countries as well. It's very hard to police the black market.

I took a look at your auctions and already saw a couple of DVD's that I might buy.

Except . . . it won't calculate the shipping cost to the U.S. and that could be a deal-killer. I don't know how you set them up, I know you have to include the total shipping weight in your listing for this to work. Maybe, before you add too many, you'd take a look at this? Thanks.

Hello. I would need a specific item to check. I just went and tried and they are working. When you select county, another window pops up telling you are leaving the site and going to the home site of seller. ie: in your case USA to Canada. It shows shipping costs then. You can go back to your country by back clicking or at bottom of page I believe. This is something that probally does throw off some buyers when they check shipping. Most everything I have I will ship world wide. Thanks for your interest and the inquire about shipping. If you find one that doesn't work, please let me know. Perhaps this should be brought to eBid's attention to make it more streamlined.

Thread Information