My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help Identify Vase

Looking at it again, sometimes I see similiar shapes at household auctions. From the 1980s maybe when stores like JC Penny's and Pier I sold southwest themes or geometric designs in peach cream colors. Vases had no rims or small rims. This looks lots better than those and they sometimes go from $20 depending on size at auction.

We are going to have to assume a UK was importing same things at same time we saw them in 1980s. I think it is worth lots more than $20. Then again my expertise is zip in the vase department.

I think your pot is possibly Ti Pottery from Harare, Zimbabwe. I have found a little pot that is inscribed 'Ti Pottery'. Mine is a redish earthenware but the decoration style of the figures is very similar, unless somebody else has nicked their designs. I think they were first produced in the 1970's / 80's era.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 10th January 2010 at 05:57 PM.

My opinion is:

That is from South Africa - the deer is a springbok, the Springboks are the nickname for the South African rugby team and those figures on vase are modern art representations of rugby players, the white cross represents the rugby posts.

Thread Information