Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Stores posted on each Countries site.

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post Stores posted on each Countries site.

I am fairly new here and have just found out that even though I am selling to two countries, my store only shows in my home country. Would it not make sense to have your store listed in all countries that you sell in? I figure that it would draw more customers to look at more than 1 of your items. Is this going to happen down the road sometime? What about everyone else? Do you think this would be a good idea or do you feel that it would give more competition and therefore possible reduce your sales? I figure, the more exposure my store gets, the more sales I would get. Comments?

Although in theory it's great how would it work if a seller only sold some of their items to other countries?

Would people on the smaller newer sites want their stores swamped by the much larger number of UK & US stores?

Maybe a separate page to browse International stores would be better, as long as it carried the warning that some goods might not be available for purchase to members in all countries.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Maybe a separate page to browse International stores would be better, as long as it carried the warning that some goods might not be available for purchase to members in all countries.
    I like that.

A mixed 'blessing' - I only sell to certain countries, so happy for them just to be displayed there.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post

That does sound like a very good idea

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well an item shouldn't display if it is not available to that user's country. That is how it works now. That would mean you would end up with a lot of 'empty' stores if you did display them outside their owners country. You would have to check each and every store contained at least one item available to a country before you offered the store for display.

OP. You might want to check your logo and decide how you want to spell Jewellery. Either both right or both wrong - one of each looks odd.

Forum Diehard
    All-About islandbuckman
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Well an item shouldn't display if it is not available to that user's country. That is how it works now. That would mean you would end up with a lot of 'empty' stores if you did display them outside their owners country. You would have to check each and every store contained at least one item available to a country before you offered the store for display.

OP. You might want to check your logo and decide how you want to spell Jewellery. Either both right or both wrong - one of each looks odd.
    Well I guess the wiskey must of blurred my vision when I made the logo! Thanks.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by islandbuckman View Post
    Well I guess the wiskey must of blurred my vision when I made the logo! Thanks.
    That's the accusation usually levelled at me.

So while we're talking about the spelling of Jewellery - er, are you sure that's right? Whilst the British spelling is two ells and an ee, I believe the US spelling is one ell and no ee, so is the Canadian version really different again? One ell *and* and ee just doesn't look right, but I'll be happy to add it to my mental list if that's the Canadian way.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    .So while we're talking about the spelling of Jewellery - er, are you sure that's right?.
    Well I did suggest to either spell it right or wrong consistantly. They clearly went for both wrong.

Forum Diehard
    All-About islandbuckman
    Forum Posts

Well folks, I checked the dictionary and the telephone books. In Canada Jewellery or Jewelery are acceptable. We have Jewellers that sell jewelery or jewellery. Actually, my spell check says jewellery is wrong. Anyway you Brits have bonnets on you cars! In Canada babies wear bonnets on their heads. Hmm, strange customs in jolly old England. Or do you just put bonnets on "new" autos only? LOL!!

Thread Information