Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Ebid in French???

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    We were led to "hope" that the 1st April and then last weekend would bring results - how long is "the not too distant future"???? I wonder what the problem is?
    The translation service took one look at the "English" they were supposed to translate, and haven't stopped gut laughing yet?

Forum Newbie
    View craftsonline's Feedback (+2729)
    All-About craftsonline
    View craftsonline's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default at last but!!!!!

Hello,

At last it's great that the translations are happening and thanks so much for the guys sending the corrections !!
    However I do think this should have been started by translating the registration pages.
    I have talked to dozens of my international customers over the last few months that have told me that that is where their problem is and if they cannot register they cannot sell and buy!.
    I guess that once they are registered they will make their way round even by looking at the photos and thus visiting lots of stores!!
    Then it is up to each to why not put a double text in their offers like in mine.
    Does very well for me on feebay like that.
    David

Forum Newbie
    All-About craftsonline
    Forum Posts

Hello,

Yes great seems as just happened because was not there an hour ago and lots of mistakes to correct there.
    However you can only reach this when you go to "SELL" or "BUY"(in english)
    On top left of screen next to french logo it still says "log in" or "register here"
    Kind regards.
    David

Sorry David - missed your last post there - it was getting late here

Maxinesbookshop, cmjewels and I have started correcting the French in the categories so that people can find what they are looking for and I am attempting to get the My Trading tabs to line up correctly with the English ones and to be meaningful. Many of the heading tabs are still in English and I agree that is a problem.

Did you see Gazza's post "Lost in Translation"? It is a "Sticky" at the top of this forum category for website glitches. It would be good if you could make a note of any mistakes you spot and add corrections there. Maybe add your comment about the "Sell" and "Buy" tabs there? We could certainly do with a hand and I'm sure your French is better than mine having spent 20 years living and working here!! Many Thanks.

Forum Newbie
    All-About craftsonline
    Forum Posts

Hi there,

Seems Gazza never put back on your posts with corrections so don't know what was pointed out and already corrected.
    Do you have copies??
    Every time I open a page it is still packed with mistakes!!
    David

Hi David.
    No. Sadly, I didn't keep copies as they were on the forums to refer to! I was having enough trouble having to keep moving from one page to another to another... Now of course I wish I had saved them on my computer! I assume they must have been disposed of as the corrections were made as they have not been put back as I requested. Some things have been corrected and I am assured that it is being worked on but there are still many many errors.
    I have started handing out flyers to the French people I meet at sales but so far I have felt I must apologise for the quality of the French translation they will find there! I do it with a grin and tell them it will get better - but it is highly embarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    I have started handing out flyers to the French people I meet at sales but so far I have felt I must apologise for the quality of the French translation they will find there! I do it with a grin and tell them it will get better - but it is highly embarrassing!
    Pofff! Zut alors! Be positive about it, grin and tell them it 'az, 'ow you say, a certain Breetish charm!

(Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once!)
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    All-About craftsonline
    Forum Posts

Default Trés drole!!

Yes why not if only we could get them how to register which would be easier if some more of the front page was in French mainly where they have to click to register which still appears like this:

New to eBid? <login here> or <here to register>

Why bother having a French flag next to that?.
    David

Just visited that front page. Have to agree it's appalling, only the search stuff and the categories are in French, the rest is all English.

Even: le joueur de pipeau hasard heureux serendipity
    a store filled with lucky finds from normandie.
    lejoueurdepipeau [+54]

I imagine there's no facility to have ones store display in languages according to which site. Though would that work anyhow, there'd need to be a way of entering alternative titles, descriptions, everything. So, assuming that's impossible, surely the only stores showing on the French front page should be french ones, i.e. ones written in French.

Or should we all just accept that Standard Galactic is inevitable eventually, no need for translations? :/ Bfn, I'm off to learn Mandarin!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information