Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone having trouble editing?.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Trina, some of your problems MIGHT be because some of your listings use different (much older) versions of your templates than others, & the editor no longer works properly with them.

I think the very old ones were when the listing space was narrow,
    I definitely rewrote when the guys changed the width, & rewrote again when the editor first started to mess up.

Using more than one editor with them causes conflicts too, so if you edited them previously with the old WYSIWYG, then edit again with the beta one, problems will occur because of that.

I don't think I can get it done before I go to work tonight because Whisper has a vet appointment this evening
    but I'll try & do a total rewrite on ONE of your existing templates, you choose which store you want it for.
    Then maybe we can try, by process of elimination, to see a what point it starts to go wrong.
    If you email me all the terms/postage you want, & all the links to other stores etc, I'll put them in from the start, that way the only changes you should need to make are the photo & the description.

It may well be that your old ones are beyond fixing, but as you wanted new templates anyway you would have had to change them all eventually.
    Goth.

Thanks for your help.
    Dont worry about the template.
    I will email you later.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Trina, some of your problems MIGHT be because some of your listings use different (much older) versions of your templates than others, & the editor no longer works properly with them.

I think the very old ones were when the listing space was narrow,
    I definitely rewrote when the guys changed the width, & rewrote again when the editor first started to mess up.

Using more than one editor with them causes conflicts too, so if you edited them previously with the old WYSIWYG, then edit again with the beta one, problems will occur because of that.

I don't think I can get it done before I go to work tonight because Whisper has a vet appointment this evening
    but I'll try & do a total rewrite on ONE of your existing templates, you choose which store you want it for.
    Then maybe we can try, by process of elimination, to see a what point it starts to go wrong.
    If you email me all the terms/postage you want, & all the links to other stores etc, I'll put them in from the start, that way the only changes you should need to make are the photo & the description.

It may well be that your old ones are beyond fixing, but as you wanted new templates anyway you would have had to change them all eventually.
    Goth.

You did point out about some of my listings being on a older version template.
    I thought I was being a smart Alec by editing the older listings using Advanced Wysyg, newer ones using Beta.
    I thought I would get round the problem that way, I thought wrong.

What I dont understand is the inconsistency.
    Some I can change others I can not.
    One listing I just did, I started deleting a part, then it would not let me delete the next bit, the text started bunching up, I then save, went back into the listing again then deleted a bit more & added extra.
    I had to edit that listing by piecemeal.
    I will email you direct.

Thread Information