Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone having trouble editing?.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trinakarenmillejamboree View Post
    Now you see it now you dont.
    You're not using the @ character anywhere in your description are you?

View KIRSTRICH's Feedback (+63)
    All-About KIRSTRICH
    View KIRSTRICH's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've been having trouble for days, but have been soldiering on as I hate to be beaten

I did contact support and they tried to help, but then went quiet, so I guessed they were snowed under with something else, or have been working on this.

Anyway, today something happened that I've not come accross before .

I've just been 'doing battle' again, and after going in to re-alter a description that I hadn't altered in the first place, (I am only trying to alter the P&P ready for next week) I 'cut' a piece of text and when I went to 'paste' it where it should be a box popped up saying that the text appeared to have originated in Word and did I want to 'clean it' before pasteing?

I followed the instructions and when it had done the text was where it should be and has - so far - stayed there.

Maybe this is a work around that the guys have found for us?

*Keeps fingers tightly crossed and goes back to editing P&P....*

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

That doesn't sound like a work-around, it sounds like it could be a *fix*! Fingers crossed for all those who've been suffering!!!

View KIRSTRICH's Feedback (+63)
    All-About KIRSTRICH
    View KIRSTRICH's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    That doesn't sound like a work-around, it sounds like it could be a *fix*! Fingers crossed for all those who've been suffering!!!

Yes! Hopefully you are right!

I ment that and I also apologise for the spelling mistakes, but in my excitement I got carried away

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    You're not using the @ character anywhere in your description are you?
    One of the listings I was editing did have the @.

None of the others did though.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KIRSTRICH View Post
    I've been having trouble for days, but have been soldiering on as I hate to be beaten

I did contact support and they tried to help, but then went quiet, so I guessed they were snowed under with something else, or have been working on this.

I've just been 'doing battle' again, and after going in to re-alter a description that I hadn't altered in the first place, (I am only trying to alter the P&P ready for next week) I 'cut' a piece of text and when I went to 'paste' it where it should be a box popped up saying that the text appeared to have originated in Word and did I want to 'clean it' before pasteing?

I followed the instructions and when it had done the text was where it should be and has - so far - stayed there.

Dare I say it?.

What the eck, whats one more problem.

I havnt had the word thing, but have been unable to copy & paste in the past.

My text is jumping all over the place, being deleted, big blank spaces.

Trina, some of your problems MIGHT be because some of your listings use different (much older) versions of your templates than others, & the editor no longer works properly with them.

I think the very old ones were when the listing space was narrow,
    I definitely rewrote when the guys changed the width, & rewrote again when the editor first started to mess up.

Using more than one editor with them causes conflicts too, so if you edited them previously with the old WYSIWYG, then edit again with the beta one, problems will occur because of that.

I don't think I can get it done before I go to work tonight because Whisper has a vet appointment this evening
    but I'll try & do a total rewrite on ONE of your existing templates, you choose which store you want it for.
    Then maybe we can try, by process of elimination, to see a what point it starts to go wrong.
    If you email me all the terms/postage you want, & all the links to other stores etc, I'll put them in from the start, that way the only changes you should need to make are the photo & the description.

It may well be that your old ones are beyond fixing, but as you wanted new templates anyway you would have had to change them all eventually.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 30th March 2009 at 04:34 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by KIRSTRICH View Post

The beta editor has the option to paste from word on the toolbar, this is so that it can clean up the rubbish that MS Word puts in, now the popup is telling people it should sort out a lot of the problems.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information