Forum Newbie
    Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View SICUK's Feedback (+3)
    All-About SICUK
    View SICUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool My turn to chirp in...

Hi All
    Just a quick intro - we're Split Infinity Comics, been trading for about seventeen years now at comic fairs around the UK - still enjoying them, but there's no-where near enough cash coming over the tables to give up the real job. At one point there was, but now we go mainly for the social element of them.

Like most of you, I used feebay up to about six months ago - then realised they were snatching about 15% of my income, so shied clear for a while.
    Lucky Target told me about Ebid, so I'm giving it a try now.

My first 150 +/-auctions were all variants of one form or another, because I noticed there was a lack of them on the site - there WERE a few, but not that many, so I figured I'd be able to set up my own little niche market.

I'm not going to sell my stuff short - my comics are going to be listed at about 20% less than they would if I was selling them at the comic fairs - basically that's the money I lose on van hire, deisel, table hire, etc. Wen I was using feebay, I had to build in their fees as well, so my stuff's going to be cheaper on here than my usual outlets - but they will be fair prices - I COULD sell them at 50p - and there are some that still MIGHT be sold at that price, but they will be lower grades or items I have vast multiples of, so would be sold at that price at the fairs anyway.

We WILL be adding Ebid to flyers at the comic fairs - although we have a website, we also have had a lot of problems with it, so have really let it go downhill the last couple of months -still plan to use it, but probably just for the Standing Order Service and concentrate on using Ebid for our back issue sales.

Thanks for 'listening'

Forum Lurker
    View comicsemp's Feedback (+587)
    All-About comicsemp
    View comicsemp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Was Just wondering how the other Comic Book Sellers on Ebid are doing on here?

Sales on her have been pretty slow for some time. Since they have put up the Ninja Lister on here its made things a lot easier to get a lot more listed(but yes that doesn't get sales)

Any other Comics Selling?

St. Clair Shores, Michigan, United States
    View chapelchain's Feedback (+1660)
    All-About chapelchain
    View chapelchain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello. I just got here. Came over from "the other site" after they raised their fee's. I'm getting alot of looks but no sales yet. I've been sending messages from my myspace page, notifing my old customers from "the other site" ect. I think the problem is alot of sellers are migrating but the buyers are unaware of Ebid. I'm trying to do my part of getting the word out, let's hope things change

http://halfoffheroescomics.ebid.net
    http://movie-night-dvds.ebid.net

To all comic book sellers here - it just takes time. And aggressive marketing!
    But i disagree with whoever said that Ebid only lists 'low quality' comic books - clearly you have not checked out MY store :-)

would these be considered low quality??

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/uncanny-...8-27345596.htm

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/world-s-...f-27901492.htm

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/incredib...f-27262761.htm

I admit the traffic is NOT what it is at feeBay, but that doesn't stop me from building up a solid inventory! I am calling Ebid my online home from now on. :-D

Hi everyone,
    I'm another comic seller who's come over from feebay. Still not quite sure what to make of the place though, I've only put up 40 or so items so far but after a week most of them have had 0 views. In fact after a day one of my items had 5 views and now after 10 days it shows 3 views. How on earth could that be?
    Tried listing a few video games today to see if it's just comics that aren't moving, so we'll see. Would be great if it took off here though? Was happy to see that another member mentioned selling on CCL, I was thinking of trying that but had a feeling it wouldn't work out for European sellers.
    Still have 400 listings left on feebay so I'll throw in a flyer with my outgoing deliveries pimping my ebid store as suggested by another member above. That's a great idea, thanks. Best of luck with your sales, people.

If you want your listings to appear in Google searches you must change the titles so that they are not all in capital letters.

For DVDs at great prices!

Fountain DVD - For DVDs
    Fountain Bazaar - For everything else

There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't !

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't know if this post is for US sellers or not. I have sold quite a few of my books and am very happy here. Just other day sold variant only after listing it for 3 days. Godzilla #1 and got price comp to ebay. Sold for a little less because it doesn't cost as much to sell here. I have mix of comics hoping to appeal to all buyers. Also sell on other venues and send flyers telling about store when I make a sell. If we all do this it should bring in more customers. I love ebid!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FountainDVD View Post
    If you want your listings to appear in Google searches you must change the titles so that they are not all in capital letters.
    That's some good info. Thanks F.dvd

View EalingBob's Feedback (+1206)
    All-About EalingBob
    View EalingBob's Listings
    Forum Posts

Trying some Comic Book Listings here on ebid as well given The Dark Side's increasing bad treatment of private sellers, Sending Flyer's out with any sales on here, fleebay and amazon

My comics aren't even getting views either, might be the capital letter thing. I didn't realise that stopped listings going onto google. I will keep that in mind for the next upload.

Thread Information