eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Excellent showroom view

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    Well, i'll be the odd one out

I like the "look", but I also like to see....the seller, their feedback, the postage etc.etc. all in one go

As a buyer, i'd get very frustrated having to delve into every auction to find these things out

Yvonne x
    Agree. Also don't like the fact that bids are not shown, which is something we waited so long for.

I didn't realise there was more than one thread for this. On the other thread I said my preference would be to have the showroom view as an OPTION for stores and searches but that the default should be the more readily understandable and more informative gallery view, where bids etc are shown.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Maybe we could make this the default? What does everyone think?

Gazza
    deafult for stores maybe Gazza- but not for the regular searches.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

I like the fact that the p&p is visible aongside the buy / bid price. we can see at a glance, the total price an item will be. it saves having to open up a listing to find the postage is high, and pushes the total above the right buy price.

I don't think anything else is important at first glance. Feedback and so on can be checked once you have found th eright item at the right price.

Looks good to me.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJay View Post
    I like the fact that the p&p is visible aongside the buy / bid price. we can see at a glance, the total price an item will be. it saves having to open up a listing to find the postage is high, and pushes the total above the right buy price.

I don't think anything else is important at first glance. Feedback and so on can be checked once you have found th eright item at the right price.

Looks good to me.
    Showroom doesn't display the time left to run, or the number of bids ( if any ), whereas gallery does show these.
    If somebody is looking purely to bid on an item, then surely these should be displayed at first glance.
    I like the idea of showroom for shop view, but not as a general default.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalistslibrary View Post
    Showroom doesn't display the time left to run, or the number of bids ( if any ), whereas gallery does show these.
    If somebody is looking purely to bid on an item, then surely these should be displayed at first glance.
    I like the idea of showroom for shop view, but not as a general default.
    If the item allows bidding then it show a BID price. Which, to me, would indicate it is an auction.

I honestly don't understand this obsession people have with being able to see the number of bids an item has before anyone has even shown an interest in the item. That may be my failing so no need for a prolonged debate on the whys and wherefores.

When I look for an item the only things that are initially of interst to me is what it is and how much it is. Everything else follows behind that and only becomes of interest after I decide to look at a listing.

The most impassioned view is that Gallery should be the default. Those who like the Showroom don't seem to be as bothered. So maybe Gallery as default is the way to go.

I would hate to see the direction eBid's evolves dictated by a minority that screams the loudest though.

Maybe feebay has the right idea...Here it is. Take it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    If the item allows bidding then it show a BID price. Which, to me, would indicate it is an auction.

I honestly don't understand this obsession people have with being able to see the number of bids an item has before anyone has even shown an interest in the item. That may be my failing so no need for a prolonged debate on the whys and wherefores.

When I look for an item the only things that are initially of interst to me is what it is and how much it is. Everything else follows behind that and only becomes of interest after I decide to look at a listing.

The most impassioned view is that Gallery should be the default. Those who like the Showroom don't seem to be as bothered. So maybe Gallery as default is the way to go.

I would hate to see the direction eBid's evolves dictated by a minority that screams the loudest though.

Maybe feebay has the right idea...Here it is. Take it or leave it.
    I'm certainly not obsessed about the bids showing.
    I was just trying to look at it from purely a buyers view looking to bid on an auction. I feel that if you were looking to bid on an item, it would be a help for the time left and bids to be visible, which they are in gallery. I've only ever had one bid on this site, all the others have been BIN, but I'm sure there must be sellers who get regular bidders.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalistslibrary View Post
    I'm certainly not obsessed about the bids showing.
    That wasn't directed to you personally. It was a general comment regarding those who do see the number of bids on an item being viewable up front as important - as can be seen in the various threads covering this topic.

I was just trying to look at it from purely a buyers view looking to bid on an auction. I feel that if you were looking to bid on an item, it would be a help for the time left and bids to be visible, which they are in gallery
    Then if that kind of information is important to a particular user they can elect to use Gallery view. Showroom is an option. It is not either/or.

As I said elsewhere (there are so many threads on the topic I can't recall where) I would like to see the view options as separate buttons as I have developed a dislike for drop down list boxes as my experience is that many people have a blindness toward them.

[quote=astral276;960067]

Then if that kind of information is important to a particular user they can elect to use Gallery view. Showroom is an option. It is not either/or.
    quote]

The problem though is when new eBidders find us for the first time. Will they hang around long enough to look for the drop down boxes? If they are used to looking at sites where the time left and bids are visible straight away, they are likely to expect that all the time ( rightly or wrongly )
    At the moment showroom is the default option which greets new people.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

At the moment showroom is the default option which greets new people.
    I like it (as should be clear) but if eBid chose to change it back to make Gallery the default I wouldn't throw myself on the floor kicking and screaming as some have done (generalisation again - not you).

Gazza has already said that they will take people's views into account along with an analysis of sales figures and revert if that is deemed to be best for eBid. People throwing 'hissy fits' doesn't really add to or help that assessment.

Thread Information