My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Excellent showroom view

I think that's right. It's great for a shop. If I could turn it on, so that potential buyers saw my shop in this view, I would. Not so sure about general search.

Actually it would be quite a good way of enhancing the value of eBid shops. It might increase the rate of seller+ membership sales.

I agree with every word of this post.
    I would not like to see it as a general default for the main lists - I tend to go through them at speed -especially when there are loads of similar items (buttons, knitting patterns, etc) so would find it rather a chore in general searches.

But it would be extremely good for enhancing stores presentation!
    Last edited by JudesNiceThings; 24th March 2009 at 10:16 PM.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Main-all the general listings.. are much better when viewed in Gallery mode.
    Showcase is good for stores.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    It seems like eBid are busy making showroom the default setting on our listings, at least, that's what I'm seeing on mine at the moment.

~Jan~
    They haven't changed the default. You're seeing the showroom setting because that's the view you've chosen to see. I've just opened eBid in IE (I usually use Firefox) and looked at the listings without signing in and, thankfully, the general search is still in the gallery view.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    They haven't changed the default. You're seeing the showroom setting because that's the view you've chosen to see. I've just opened eBid in IE (I usually use Firefox) and looked at the listings without signing in and, thankfully, the general search is still in the gallery view.

I'm seeing things then

~Jan~

At the moment it stays with the view you've chosen, so those who have theirs on gallery will see that view, those who have picked showroom see that.

There isn't an option at the moment to set different views on different types of pages.

One thing that may prove a minor annoyance for new users is that if your shop header background is black you cannot see the text View : & Sort:
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    I agree with you.

I like the look and wouldn't mind it as the default for shops but not for the general search. It just doesn't give enough information. If I'm browsing a section, I want to be able to see the p&p charge without having to go into the listing and I also want to know how long the item has left to run (though I couldn't give a stuff it it has bids or not).

If it is tried as the general search default, I can see a lot of complaints coming from people who haven't read either this thread or the one on the KT and don't know they can change the view.

I agree with CMJ. showroom is great- but not as general default please

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    They could get 'fancy' and have a pop-up box if a user hovers over an item for a couple of seconds. This could contain the additional info such a bids, postage, etc.

Attachment 11230
    I really like this idea astral - and most definitely want my shops to default to the showroom option for anyone looking but respect the point others have made about prefering the gallery style for some searches.
    Gazza I suspect this is going to be one of those "can't keep everyone happy" things. Perhaps the answer is to make the fact that there are options much more obvious (bigger/different colour/large message pointing to box/neon lights!?)
    I'm still delighted with the showroom look and want everyone to use it when they look in my shop!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps they could get the man who says "refreshing data" to say "don't forget the showroom view"...

Last edited by bykimbo; 25th March 2009 at 10:15 AM. Reason: photobucket failure!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    One thing that may prove a minor annoyance for new users is that if your shop header background is black you cannot see the text View : & Sort:
    Oh yes, hadn't noticed that - and it affects my store. Maybe it should be made to follow the store's colours, or boxed in to give a contrasting background. Have you reported it?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Oh yes, hadn't noticed that - and it affects my store. Maybe it should be made to follow the store's colours, or boxed in to give a contrasting background. Have you reported it?
    Should be in the store's colours, I think. They give us few enough elements we can tailor in there, without ignoring the ones we've got!

Thread Information