My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What is? NEW - "Showroom" view for all listings

I came here because it was an auction site. Yes, I have buy it now on most of my items because this site is not as well known as 'the other', but I had high hopes of it growing and then the buyers would come. Now with gallery as the default, the auction atmosphere is gone. Very disappointing.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't much care if people call my stuff auction, buy now, fixed price or banana, as long as they buy. I think getting precious about labels is a waste of energy - I think buyers just aren't that bothered about the semantics or style. They want to buy the thing they're looking for, and they want to pay a reasonable price and get good service. They want the site to be useable, understandable, and not fall over.

Those are the things that matter to me. I like all the various views, have come to the conclusion that gallery actually works better from the buyer's perspective when searching for specific items, though I think showroom is prettier, and nice when merely browsing. Because of the different advantages of each mode, I don't much mind which is the default.

Default What is? NEW - "Showroom" view for all listings

I personally love the new showroom option for the cards I sell. It gives a much bigger photo than the gallery option does. I would prefer it to also show the view counter, but as that feature is still clearly broken, until they fix it that won't much matter.

I also like to see it when I look in my store instead of more or less the same thing as a gallery listing. I find it helpful for various reasons, not least of which is to do with vision, making it a lot easier to see everything.

Please keep it, ebid.

Cynthia

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

From where I am sitting, this experiment would seem to explain the sudden ZERO ACTIVITY I have had and have noticed on others
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    From where I am sitting, this experiment would seem to explain the sudden ZERO ACTIVITY I have had and have noticed on others
    You think that it's going to be the default layout changing, rather than say... oh... Googlebase being utterly broken, and the recession biting?

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I don't much care if people call my stuff auction, buy now, fixed price or banana, as long as they buy. I think getting precious about labels is a waste of energy - I think buyers just aren't that bothered about the semantics or style. They want to buy the thing they're looking for, and they want to pay a reasonable price and get good service. They want the site to be useable, understandable, and not fall over.

Those are the things that matter to me. I like all the various views, have come to the conclusion that gallery actually works better from the buyer's perspective when searching for specific items, though I think showroom is prettier, and nice when merely browsing. Because of the different advantages of each mode, I don't much mind which is the default.
    That's opposite to what I think. When browsing I prefer gallery and showroom when looking for a specific item.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    That's opposite to what I think. When browsing I prefer gallery and showroom when looking for a specific item.
    Designing sites to suit all tastes is such a simple task.

I still do not like the showroom view when you search. That view does not show bids, seller feedback, etc. This is an auction site or so I thought.

Isn't there a way that stores can be shown in showroom view IF the seller wants it shown that way? Then leave searches so they show in gallery view for potential buyers/bidders.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post

Bingo! It's very easy to switch back and forth between the two formats, and I've been using both, depending on what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Bingo! It's very easy to switch back and forth between the two formats, and I've been using both, depending on what I'm looking for.
    Yes, it's easy for us since we're familiar with the site. But for potential 'new' buyers they have no idea they can switch back and forth.

Thread Information