eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What is? NEW - "Showroom" view for all listings

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    Do I have to put you two in seperate rooms!
    We're already on different continents so I doubt different rooms would have much effect.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

THAT'S IT!

No dessert for you tonight!
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    THAT'S IT!

No dessert for you tonight!
    Dessert (pudding) at 2.15 in the morning? YUK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Keep it coming.

Gazza
    My personal opinion is that gallery view is better for the default view, as it looks more like an auction site, showing bids etc. However, I really like the showroom view for my shops, and wonder if there is a way that each seller can set which format his/her shops will be viewed by visitors. This option works well on another venue that I use.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ctavias0fferings View Post
    TBH

1 - I have yet to see this new display
    Surely it would be a good idea to look at the showroom option before expressing an opinion? How can you tell it is not an improvement when you haven't seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by 0ctavias0fferings View Post

Just my opinion, my preference ... I hope it doesn't affect the RSS feeds is all, I've been adding them and plan to add more to my Squidoo lenses and I would be a tad miffed if I had to go change them all.
    It's not affected the RSS feed on my site, so you should be alright.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    We all have a different opinion. That's what makes being human so great. Heck, I've had my disputes here also. We're all here for the same reason though. Make the site work.
    Yes - we all have our opinions and we all make suggestions. I certainly hope that anything I offer or query is seen as contributing to making the site work well. I also mention frequently how pleased I am to be part of eBid!! I am relatively new here (and perhaps it has always been the case) but it seems recently that there are a few forum users (who shall remain nameless here!) who only ever contribute negative comments and nothing else.

We are lucky that we have a management team who care what we think - gazza has said so several times in this thread already! Can't begin to tell you how different that is from where I used to work....! So let's express our thoughts politely and without aggression.

So far I like the showroom and have said so - this is a trial run after all.

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Surely it would be a good idea to look at the showroom option before expressing an opinion? How can you tell it is not an improvement when you haven't seen it?
    If you had read the rest of the post I made on page 5 you would see that this statement was qualified by referring to the earlier post which carried a snapshot of a showroom view page.

Pay attention Please

It seems to me, having read the thread, that there is a consensus emerging for the default to be gallery but the option to be there for stores to be set to appear as showroom.

This seems entirely sensible to me as some items will display far better in showroom view, art is an example, others will display far better in gallery view.

I may well use showroom for my 0ctavias0riginals but stick to the gallery for my other stores.

I reckon it would be beneficial for my cards and artwork to be shown in the larger size as the default but not my regular auction items. I also reckon that the option being available to store owners would provide more variety visually on the site and could well be a real bonus to users.

I don't think that showroom would be desirable as the default for searches in most cases for normal auctions where it's very important that bids show clearly in order to fire the aspirations of potential new owners of collectables etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    It's not affected the RSS feed on my site, so you should be alright.
    It's my nightmare ... that all my RSS feeds suddenly stop working or vanish ... sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it LOL

Thread Information