Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What is? NEW - "Showroom" view for all listings

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    This site is nothing but a frigging waste of time for an auction seller.....had enough. DONE!
    If this is all it takes to upset you perhaps you should try getting a life.
    Quality Plants.

Plants & Shrubs, Perennials, Climbers and Unusual.

Check my stock out now.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Quality-Pl...Unusual-Plants

************************************************** ********************************************

Collectable Ceramics Old And New

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Collectabl...cs-Old-and-New

If you don't like the new showroom view as default, why not just say you prefer the gallery view?

Why the ranting & rudeness both here & elsewhere?
    I honestly don't understand the over reaction to what is only a trial anyway.

I really like the showroom view, but after using it more or less exclusively for the last couple of days, I've decided I prefer gallery to be the default for general searches & browsing.
    I would however prefer showroom to be the default for shops, if it is possible to code the views for shops differently to the rest.

Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Lurker
    Only One, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Feedback (+388)
    All-About Annes_Nostalgia
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    As with every element of this site any input from every user is taken on board, we will take this input together with sales figures after the change in deciding whether to keep or go back. Keep it coming everyone.

Gazza
    If we are voting, I prefer the Gallery View as the default, please.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Keep it coming.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Keep it coming.

Gazza
    Yes, but in reasoned discussion please people. The 'toys out of the pram' attitude serves nobody. You are being given the chance to have your say (unlike on some sites where the change would just be forced on you). So discuss...and see if we can find a solution that works for everybody.

I'm sure the eBid team must wonder what kind of people they are trying to work with at times.

TBH I never come in through the front page, always through one of my stores and I'm semi-permanently logged in. I would hope that many of those arriving at the site for the first time are doing so by clicking on a link to an item being promoted on someone's blog or whatever.

1 - I have yet to see this new display

2 - having read this thread and seen the snapshot of the feature I would have to say I far prefer the normal gallery view that I'm used to.

It isn't simply that I'm used to it, it's that, if the snapshot is accurate, then it certainly wouldn't look like an auction site to me if I had never been here before. Maybe nice to have as an option but not for me, I don't see that as an improvement.

Just my opinion, my preference ... I hope it doesn't affect the RSS feeds is all, I've been adding them and plan to add more to my Squidoo lenses and I would be a tad miffed if I had to go change them all.

Regarding views, a highly collectable item I had listed for ten days which ended last Sunday without a bid appears to have had c 500 views

http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/auctio...245&mo=auction

Perhaps my counter was picking up someone else's views as well ROFL

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just to add my opinion...

I like the option to view items in Showroom view, but prefer the Gallery option to be the default.

I prefer the gallery view as default. There was a quite lengthy thread not too far in the past where many wanted "More Visbility", to show the bids without having to click to enter the auction to find out if it had bids. We finally got it, and the Showroom view defeats the purpose of showing bids. Please don't default this view. With many new people finding eBid daily, we hope showing the bids may soon start bidding wars, more sales. I think many still like the auction format, and you must show the bids to be an auction site.

I prefer gallery view.
    If people want to see a larger pic then use the zoom on your tool bar. Geesh
    Last edited by canuckbid; 27th March 2009 at 01:25 AM.

We all have a different opinion. That's what makes being human so great. I agree on the bid thing. As soon as I got 1 bid on an item on feebay, many more would soon follow. Heck, I've had my disputes here also. We're all here for the same reason though. Make the site work.

Thread Information