My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What is? NEW - "Showroom" view for all listings

Yes...I have a buy it now book store. And I have another store where normally I list mainly auctions....most of which have expired over the past week and I have not relisted because I had literally NO VIEWS last week even for the ones I had featured and new jewelry listings that are normally well received. And I had just gotten excited about listing auctions here again since the bids where now showing and following that improvement I had even had some immediate success with lowering the prices and taking some chances. I also sold some books....but mainly I have come here looking for a place to move my auctions from the Bay. And this seemed the logical place with listings growing and auction action seemly to improve. Now that's all in the crapper IMHO.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Change for the sake of change is not an improvement, it is ebay
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

It would be nice if the Store setup had an option to tick which views you, as the Store 'owner', wanted to

1) allow
    2) set as default for your store
    DrCooper
    --------------------------------------

eBid Sign-up!

I would like that too - unfortunately it seems to only be up to the viewer. (But will they know about it?)

Rainbow - NO VIEWS - like everyone else - it's because the counters aren't working, they keep going back to zero - it's driving everyone nuts!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    Yeah.....I'm going.... don't worry about it.
    I'm sorry that you think that this isn't the place for you. Good luck with your future endeavours.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yeah.....I'm going.... don't worry about it.

I supose Pheebay will be full of negative comment now..........oh yes it is.

Actually, I hate to agree with rainbowseeker but I think showroom is best reserved for shops.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drcooper View Post
    It would be nice if the Store setup had an option to tick which views you, as the Store 'owner', wanted to

1) allow
    2) set as default for your store
    That should never be the case in my opinion - the viewer knows what they like and how they like to browse, they should be able to make their own defaults which are stored on their computer as a cookie for when they return.

I also feel that the control for choosing which view to use should be made a bit more obvious; instead of a drop-down menu they could be buttons or text links at the top left under the category heading (where there seems to be a big empty space - what's that about then?)

I'm definitely still for only gallery items to be in the Showroom. After all, if it was a car showroom you wouldn't have a big cardboard box with a Ferrari sticker on the side would you? People want to see the car, they want to see the product, an empty picture is no good here.

I think the layout of the Bid and Buy text could be better; it seems to me that there's more than enough room for 95% of all prices to be placed inline with the Bid and Buy, so they would all be on one line instead of two. Any that are a little wider (maybe the price of a car, for instance) could use a reduced text size (for the price) to fit.

I don't think that there should be any filtering for multiple items listed of the same type that use the same gallery image, however the usual listing rules should apply for multiple listings of the exact same product (Showroom view should make such listing easier to spot if nothing else!)
    The viewer can filter out such duplicate items using the search parameters if they don't want to see them.

Oh, and also I think that the Gallery view currently shows the most useful information for fast browsing, so should be the default view.
    Last edited by heatemyfather; 26th March 2009 at 08:54 PM.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View giftableonebid's Feedback (+17)
    All-About giftableonebid
    View giftableonebid's Listings
    Forum Posts

I quite like the look of it...better than what I saw prior to the new feature...in my view...
    Best wishes...
    Giftable on eBid

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

This site is nothing but a frigging waste of time for an auction seller.....had enough. DONE!
    Do you ever do anything but moan!!

Thread Information