Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What is? NEW - "Showroom" view for all listings

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

As with every element of this site any input from every user is taken on board, we will take this input together with sales figures after the change in deciding whether to keep or go back. Keep it coming everyone.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

I have an auction with a bid which is up Sunday. After that my stores close. I have no choice.... I came here to run auctions. This default view recommended and supported by a handful of people......how many of which are actually running auctions?.... is a joke and a total insult to the people here who played by the rules.

View ttelyob's Feedback (+1495)
    All-About ttelyob
    View ttelyob's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    Yeah...well I'll repeat again.....this site bills itself as an auction site. Auctions are not showing in this showroom view. It's all the same.....lined up crap in a mall. Same old same old.
    When I look at it in showroom view I get both Auctions and Buy now.
    Looks OK to me, just another way of viewing the listings. I cannot see what your complaint is, if you do not like the Showroom view, go to the drop down box at the top of the page and select gallery or List.

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

I love the new showroom option Gazza but as a buyer i'm not to keen on it being the default view.
    Last edited by jimbo750; 26th March 2009 at 07:40 PM.
    More wine please ...

This is what your buyers see when they come to this site. No difference between auctions and buy it now listings. No sign of bids or number of bids. No end time. It's a MALL view. I might be able to find how to change the view.....what's your first impression if you pretend to be a casual browser???? Is this an auction site? NO.....geez wizzzz. Still can't understand my objection? Then I'm sorry for you. Obviously you aren't here to run auctions.

All-About ttelyob
    View ttelyob's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is what your buyers see when they come to this site. No difference between auctions and buy it now listings. No sign of bids or number of bids. No end time. It's a MALL view. I might be able to find how to change the view.....what's your first impression if you pretend to be a casual browser???? Is this an auction site? NO.....geez wizzzz. Still can't understand my objection? Then I'm sorry for you. Obviously you aren't here to run auctions.
    If you take the trouble to look at my listings you will find that most are both auction and buy now. If you open the page in Showroom view, then go to the drop down box and select gallery {as was the default before} you will find that the listings are in exactly the same order, so I cannot see how it is grouping non-auction items together as you imply.

All-About ttelyob
    View ttelyob's Listings
    Forum Posts

T.....what's your first impression if you pretend to be a casual browser???? Is this an auction site?
    When I come to a new site that i have not visited before, and I want to find out what it is all about, I tend to click on the obvious buttons, links and drop down boxes to find out what they all do, i would have soon found out that I could change to gallery.

I don't normally respond to this type of argument, however your repeated "Obviously you aren't here to run auctions" comment made me take a look at your pages. In your bookstore there is not one single AUCTION. So I am a little puzzled to your argument.
    I run all my listings as both auction or buy it now and they quite clearly show up as both in the storefront format.

Please don't take offense to my comments, I was just slightly puzzled.

Cheers Mel

All-About ttelyob
    View ttelyob's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    I don't normally respond to this type of argument, however your repeated "Obviously you aren't here to run auctions" comment made me take a look at your pages. In your bookstore there is not one single AUCTION. So I am a little puzzled to your argument.
    I run all my listings as both auction or buy it now and they quite clearly show up as both in the storefront format.

Please don't take offense to my comments, I was just slightly puzzled.

Cheers Mel
    And most are run till sold as well, I have to say I was a bit puzzled by the comments about not running auctions.

The only thing I would like to see on the Showroom view is the number of bids and the time left to run, other than that it is not much different to the 'Gallery' option on feebay.

I run both.

Obviously this site cannot hope to alter things to cater for every member's personal expectations.

Most members weigh up a site and see if it will fit their purpose - I would suggest that eBid is causing you so much worry that maybe you should have a look at other sites to run alongside until you fully get to grips with eBid.

As this site is being updated/improved all the time, some major changes are to be expected - most of us understand, and are 'going with the flow'!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information