My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What is? NEW - "Showroom" view for all listings

Ok, so do new people over on Greedbay know how to change "Best Match" either. Just as valid an argument but I don't see them changing it because someone doesn't like it. Switching isn't difficult, the type of user that doesn't bother to check out how a site works probably doesn't bother to read your terms and conditions either, so what do you suggest is done about that, force them to sign a disclaimer that they read everything!

It's only a trial, just lets have a little perspective on it, as Michael Winner would say "Don't Panic Dear"
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

One thing I have noticed recently is that a lot of people clicking on links to specific items are being redirected to the sign-in page or something similar.
    1. this looks pushy ... join us or you can't look
    2. it makes a mockery of the links I have spread all over the net to specific items in my stores.

Oh well, it's only many many months of work up the spout for me since people can't look at what I'm suggesting they might like.

This could well be why the last two highly collectable items I have put up for penny start auctions ended at precisely 1p

The penny auctions promotion some of us were taking part in was brining in large numbers of eyes and resulting in a good number of sales (for me at least), that dried up completely when this problem appeared of being redirected to the sign-in page regardless of the url being item specific.

Well, I won't bother now and I may not even bother if it gets fixed because I can no longer afford to take that risk.

The last two items should have gone for £15 - £20 ... I get 1p each.

Please would someone fix this stupid problem!!!

It's all very well playing with showroom vierws etc but I certainly need the basics of the site to work properly ... which means that if I put a url out there as a link to a particular item I am promoting (and it isn't just my items) that link MUST lead to the item itself ...

NOT THE DARN LOG-IN PAGE

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0ctavias0fferings View Post
    One thing I have noticed recently is that a lot of people clicking on links to specific items are being redirected to the sign-in page or something similar.
    Do you have an example URL?

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    It works on view / search results

eg. type in ydc64.......and you will get a list of the auctions being gathered ready for Friday

But, at the top of the page....there is a little dropdown menu...choose "showroom"....and see what you get!

Great stuff!

Yvonne x
    Yvonne.

Could I have the idiots guide on how to find the showroom

I got nothing Zilch.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Do you have an example URL?
    I can't replicate the problem on my own machine, the machine I was using was running Firefox, although I do know of other people who have complained of exactly the same problem of being directed to the sign-in page. In fact, it has been discussed in the Pheebay.com forums and appears to have been ongoing for some time.

The reports are that it doesn't matter which browser you are using, this same problem happens. On my own machine I am permanently signed in to eBid, obviously that's not the case on the machine I have been using while my own was down.

Try any link to an eBid item from one of my Squidoo pages, you may have to sign out of eBid and reboot your machine to clear the cache or it won't replicate the problem. I suggest you pick up my Raindrops on Roses Squidoo lens and try some of the links from there ... http://www.squidoo.com/raindrops_on_roses

I can absolutely guarantee that I am not the only person having this problem and as long as it persists there is no point whatsoever in my placing links to promote specific items anywhere around the web as it REALLY looks amateurish to have it redirect folks to the sign-in / sign-up page

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

No. Unable to duplicate the problem in either Firefox or IE. All eBid links are valid and go direct to the relevant listing.

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    From where I am sitting, this experiment would seem to explain the sudden ZERO ACTIVITY I have had and have noticed on others
    Maybe the zero activity you are experiencing has much to do with your attitude which is almost always highly unpleasant.

================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Now that was uncalled for and just plain RUDE. Octavia has been an over the top supporter of this site and has sold very, very well here. If you chose not to listen to what she says so be it....but being insulting is just plain unacceptable behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    Now that was uncalled for and just plain RUDE. Octavia has been an over the top supporter of this site and has sold very, very well here. If you chose not to listen to what she says so be it....but being insulting is just plain unacceptable behavior.
    My post was directed at terry, not Octavia. I even quote terry in my post. Sorry if you misinterpreted my words.

M

================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Terry or Octavia.....doesn't matter. It's still rude of you to say such a thing. Terry was pointing out something she observed and was not being insulting as you have been. There is no need for any of that. People have the right to say what they see. And trying to shut them down with insults is not nice or acceptable behavior IMHO. I'm tired of seeing it and I for one am not going to sit by and see it taking place and stay silent. Sorry.

Thread Information