Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: editing auction errors

Default editing auction errors

Below is a screen shot of 7 auctions, after I have edited them to reduce the price, it still shows either the old price or incorrect price on the view from auctions I am running.

Not all are wrong, just the top 4, the auction IDs from the top are 14160950 it should show as £1.99/£2.75, 141609948 this should be 99p/£1.99, 14161100 this should be 99p / £1.99 & 14899557 should also be 99p / £1.99.

The actual auction pages do show the correct amount, it's just the view from my auctions I'm running that is wrong

The bottom auctions are correct and their IDs in case it helps is 14160763, 15015375 & 15015418.

Name:  capture01 23-Mar-09 01.16.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  61.6 KB

Name:  capture02 23-Mar-09 01.16.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  48.7 KB

There is also a glitch / bug with regards editing auctions. When you try to change the photo and you upload (enter the full photobucket url) you get this message below.

Name:  capture03 23-Mar-09 01.19.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  29.4 KB

So to get a photo you have to click on choose, then enter the photo bucket URL, then click on use this photo before it allows you to change the photo. This happens on all auctions that I have tried to change the photo on.

Hope what I have said helps you kill the bugs
    Last edited by raindropsies2; 23rd March 2009 at 01:33 AM.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

It takes just a bit of time for the list view to reflect the change

The same time it would take for a new listing to show up
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    It takes just a bit of time for the list view to reflect the change

The same time it would take for a new listing to show up
    Well the 5th one was changed last yet this is showing correctly

All auctions that I have changed the price of in the past have changed straight away on all views also

All-About terry5732
    Forum Posts

I did a revision a while back
    The bid price didn't change in list view, the buy price did
    Been a couple hours, I'll recheck tomorrow
    My clutter

Then it must take an awfully long time to update because some of mine have not updated after a week and a half. My edits of price did exactly what the ones above did; the reduced prices are in the listing, but the listed opening bid shows old price. I thought maybe it was only one my lists, but some of my buyers noticed it and commented.

Looks like a glitch to me, did someone report this?

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Then it must take an awfully long time to update because some of mine have not updated after a week and a half. My edits of price did exactly what the ones above did; the reduced prices are in the listing, but the listed opening bid shows old price. I thought maybe it was only one my lists, but some of my buyers noticed it and commented.

Looks like a glitch to me, did someone report this?
    If you can give Gazza some auction Id's too it may help him find the bugs

For those of you experiencing problems with updated prices and listing descriptions, have you checked to make sure your web browser is displaying updated pages correctly? Some people have their browsers set to not show the latest page available, so when they return to the same pages, they are just looking at older versions already downloaded in their Temporary Internet Files folder.

I'm not saying this is the cause of the problem, but sometimes, it helps to do a bit of research before reporting a problem in case the problem is originating from your own computer

Mark
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

All-About terry5732
    Forum Posts

I checked the OPs listings and see the same as they do and I have never previously browsed them
    My clutter

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    For those of you experiencing problems with updated prices and listing descriptions, have you checked to make sure your web browser is displaying updated pages correctly? Some people have their browsers set to not show the latest page available, so when they return to the same pages, they are just looking at older versions already downloaded in their Temporary Internet Files folder.

I'm not saying this is the cause of the problem, but sometimes, it helps to do a bit of research before reporting a problem in case the problem is originating from your own computer

Mark
    Deffo not my PC. It's had the cache cleared, been turned off, reg cured as normal (its done twice daily)

And the page is still showing as opening post.

If it was to show an older view then number 5 would not be showing what it is as this is one that has been changed

I reported this issue a couple of days ago. One of mine has corrected itself but the other has not yet. Support has asked me to let them know if it has not sorted itself in 24 hrs.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Thread Information