Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please consider reducing the frequency of chase reminders

Default Please consider reducing the frequency of chase reminders

An eBid member sent me an enquiry at 20.30 on 20th March. EBid sent me an e-mail reminding me that I had not responded to the query at 00.06 on 21st March. I replied to the eBid member who then sent me another message at 19.28 on 21st March. EBid then sent me an e-mail reminding me that I had not responded to the second message at 0.06 today 22nd March and a further one at 12.06 this lunchtime 22nd March. This particular eBid member had been kind enough to send me messages with information about something that I am selling. Today I have been busy all morning dealing with sales and sales enquiries from elsewhere that I sell so a reply to an eBid message that was not about a potential sale was not my immediate priority and I am only now getting around to replying. I presume that these chase reminders are automated. I would like to suggest that at least a full day is left for eBid members to reply to a message before sending these chase reminders out. Also that two chase reminders in a day is too much and for the number of these to be reduced. People who are running e-commerce businesses usually end up with a high volume of incoming e-mails and it would be helpful not to add to this unless really needed. Thank you.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

But... a potential buyer should be answered.. asap. System must believe all inquiries are important.
    Just part of a very useful feature.. as too many would-be sellers should treat all offerings as serious, and not la-la.
    Just my professional opinion.

I think the original poster explained themselves quite well. It is not up to other members to judge his/her motives for prioritizing responses to questions. Frankly, I'd welcome the attention of a seller who gives good after-the-sale service, not one who vanishes as soon as they are paid.

I agree that the timing and frequency of automated reminders are too often. I never had that problem, though!
    Mark
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, I've finally had a question reminder sent to me - it arrived in my inbox just 53 minutes after the question was asked.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    Well, I've finally had a question reminder sent to me - it arrived in my inbox just 53 minutes after the question was asked.

can you send us the 2 emails you received, the asker shouldnt be able to make a nudge for an hour after they asked the question.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Re Post #2 - On the day in question it took me around three hours to deal with incoming queries from overnight and that morning and to close some sales. It was not possible for me to deal with all my potential customers at the same time irrespective of what reminders might have come my way.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    can you send us the 2 emails you received, the asker shouldnt be able to make a nudge for an hour after they asked the question.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    An hour?

So if I send a question to support, and it is not answered within an hour, you will have no objection to me repeating the question hourly?

View camme6's Feedback (+1597)
    All-About camme6
    View camme6's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with the original post. While I know that questions are important to the potential buyer, but some of us have a life other than eBid. I check my email at least every morning and every night when I am home, plus several times during the day. However, there are times when I am away from the internet for a day or two at a time. Not everywhere we visit has internet.

So if someone sends me a message and I don't reply immediately, its because I'm away from the computer. I will answer when I return home.
    Our Little Country Store on the Web

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camme6 View Post
    ... However, there are times when I am away from the internet for a day or two at a time. Not everywhere we visit has internet....
    One day I wouldn't worry about, but a second day of silence would have me looking elsewhere, unless there was a notice on the item warning me of the delay. Of course, if I need something urgently, I'll check for a quick response and buy from the most efficient seller, but that's an exception - I'm not often in that much of a hurry!

If a notice is on the listing, then I'll wait as long as it says, if I can.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post

Thanks,
    Gazza
    The asker DIDN'T nudge. The chaser email came from eBid.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Thread Information