eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hi im new - what crafts do you all do?

Well knitting has enjoyed a bit of a resurgence recently - and I hear that the sales of sewing machines are increasing in the UK - so things go round in cycles.

Hi creative cutter,
    I'm also a newby, I haven't yet listed anything but my books, my favourite craft is counted cross stitch, I've run out of wall space so now to get my 'fix' I do all my cards, I've already stitched all the cards I need for next Christmas so now I can relax and just enjoy any design that takes my fancy.

Forum Newbie
    Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View mumsie260's Feedback (+17)
    All-About mumsie260
    View mumsie260's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi i make allsorts being sewn items and cards, but find ebid slow at selling and buying,i have listed allsorts but we need to remember that we need to buy each others things here to to get it up and running., i have lost count of th eamount of items i have loisted and not done well, this can be die cut shapes or any other craft item,i have even ttried computer bits etc.. ebay holds the market too much still.. sadly.. i hope it don`t for long tho as ebay have so got so many ppls goat.. yes mine included

I am a cross-stitcher - for me and for others - I could sell you kits, piled up high waiting till I have time - but I won't part with them - if I live along enough I will do them all! . So I a buyer in the craft market
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    I am a cross-stitcher - for me and for others - I could sell you kits, piled up high waiting till I have time - but I won't part with them - if I live along enough I will do them all! . So I a buyer in the craft market
    I think most people who enjoy crafts need to live to be about 350 years old if they have any hope of finishing the projects they have planned!

View morgana77's Feedback (+12)
    All-About morgana77
    View morgana77's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default What are you selling

I mostly sell handknit fingerless mittens with cable pattern, from pure Merino wool, but other materials are available as well
    morgana77
    www.marhababambinas.blogspot.com

Handknit gloves and wrist warmers - check my Adoption fundraising store Knitter's Attic

Quote Originally Posted by mumsie260 View Post
    hi i make allsorts being sewn items and cards, but find ebid slow at selling and buying,i have listed allsorts but we need to remember that we need to buy each others things here to to get it up and running., i have lost count of th eamount of items i have loisted and not done well, this can be die cut shapes or any other craft item,i have even ttried computer bits etc.. ebay holds the market too much still.. sadly.. i hope it don`t for long tho as ebay have so got so many ppls goat.. yes mine included

No wonder your not selling anything.. nothing's listed.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsie260 View Post
    Well I agree with Ruby, no listings, no sales. You would never go into a shop with no stuff, or just a few things either.

Lots of choices draw in more lookers which = more buyers. I list anything from vintage bibles to vintage linens, collector's spoons to knitting needles. If I get a bunch of interesting things at auction I list them. If people bid, I buy more of that and list more.

You have been a member of ebid a long time, 5 years, and have sold little. With feebay's higher listing/selling fees and their anti small seller bias, I bet you are just about ready to give ebid another try! If so you have to use different methods of sell here. Many of us are selling well and you can too. If you need help setting up your listings to sell faster, just ask. We will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    And if not then someone else will get them all....for free. LOL

So sell them!!

Forum Newbie
    View diggerman's Feedback (+2306)
    All-About diggerman
    View diggerman's Listings
    Forum Posts

I knit and crochet hats, gloves and lots more items.I am slowly adding items with many more new things coming in the New Year.

Thread Information