eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hi im new - what crafts do you all do?

Forum Newbie
    Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View simplyengraved's Feedback (+4675)
    All-About simplyengraved
    View simplyengraved's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Creative Clutter, like the name. I have a Brother and a Bond knitting machine. I am currently doing a cross stitch of my husband's stationary engine from a photo (used Jane Greenhoff's software to design it) which is taking forever & he keeps asking when will it be finished. Would like to see more yarns for the knitting machine. I have bought Aida and cross stitch sliks online, but don't think anyone does them on here at the moment.

Welcome to Ebid,

Sue
    Looking for quality engraved goods at cost effective prices? Visit Simply Engraved online store now on ebid: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Simply-Engraved

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have boxes full of coned yarn waiting to be knitted or maybe even sold. The trouble is that I don't know exactly what is in the boxes (some are in a garage). I have 3 knitting machines but not had the time to do any knitting in the last couple of years

Forum Newbie
    Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View simplyengraved's Feedback (+4675)
    All-About simplyengraved
    View simplyengraved's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Meebo, I usually use 4ply wool, cotton or acrylic. Mostly bought stuff from Bedford Kntting & Sewing or Yeoman yarns. We only have one shop here which stocks Bramwell 4ply, so you run out of choices in colours. I haven't used the Bond machine yet it seems a bit different to the Brother. Maybe you could venture into the garage at some time and let me know if you want to sell any yarn?

Sue
    Looking for quality engraved goods at cost effective prices? Visit Simply Engraved online store now on ebid: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Simply-Engraved

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have loads of 4ply acrylic. any particular colour? Might even be in the loft and not the garage

Quote Originally Posted by simplyengraved View Post
    Hi Meebo, I usually use 4ply wool, cotton or acrylic. Mostly bought stuff from Bedford Kntting & Sewing or Yeoman yarns. We only have one shop here which stocks Bramwell 4ply, so you run out of choices in colours. I haven't used the Bond machine yet it seems a bit different to the Brother. Maybe you could venture into the garage at some time and let me know if you want to sell any yarn?

Sue
    Hi Sue,

If you have any problems getting to grips with the Bond - maybe I can help - worked for the company as a demonstrator some years ago in shops and at Knitting Exhibitions. Is it a basic Bond or an Elite?

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I bought my Bond at an exhibition when they first came out. Maybe you sold it to me!!!

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Been to sandown every year since they started the knitting exhibition

Might well have bought from me then. Small world!! Those were the days when knitting was really popular and people came to the exhibitions in coach loads. I used to enjoy being on the Bond stand - but very hard on the feet! Never had much chance to look round the rest of the exhibition either and it wasn't possible to see far from the stand because of the crowds!

Didn't think the knitting exhibitions happened there any more - aren't they more general crafts now? Of course Bond doesn't have much of a presence in the UK now - but still going strong in the USA.

Maybe I ought to be listing some Bond knitting pattern books - that's two ideas for listings this thread has given me!!

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, it is more general crafts and currently cardmaking and scrapbooking has taken over. I still try and go every year and spend all my time in the workshops

Thread Information