eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: US "Junior" size clothing Subcategory, Please!

Simplification is the solution just have categories for gender, style, and allow sellers to input sizing information as a custom field on which search results can be filtered.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Thanks for all the support! You are all Awesome! To clarify the category I would like added:

Clothing & Accessories> Womens Clothes> Junior (US)

Any further dig downs, i.e.:
    Clothing & Accessories> Womens Clothes> Junior (US)> Jeans
    Clothing & Accessories> Womens Clothes> Junior (US)> Tops
    would be a bonus, but I am only looking to add Juniors under the Women's clothing.
    Last edited by birdwatcher2008; 27th March 2009 at 04:58 PM. Reason: to put "US" after "Junior" because I look under "J" for Juniors

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Never seen Junior sizes here so no-one would understand what that means.
    I realize that. My target customers, of course, would be US teens and young adult women. Because this is what they wear, what they know, what they like.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    And I think it's cruel of stores to so often have the plus size clothes physically next to the PETITES!
    You are so right. What are they thinking!?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    Interesting to think about. I agree junior sizes are a big deal in US stores. I think the junior figure is considered more short waisted and of shorter stature overall than misses and plus sizes, and I'm not clear how they're different from Petite sizes beyond having the odd numbers as opposed to the even numbers of most other garment size ranges.

If Junior sizes are a US-only thing, I think the category headings should reflect that somehow, for example "US Junior size 3", "US Junior size 5" etc. It would be useless to give a measurement chart showing what body measurement sizes fit what Junior sizes, however, since manufacturers seem to play fast and loose with those standards. But Junior categories are definitely an area that would soon be populated on eBid, in my opinion.

As birdwatcher said, Junior departments usually offer more trendy, youthful clothes.
    I wear petite US sizes, slender, but with shorter legs than average. I don't buy any clothing from other countries because even if all the other measurements are correct, I can't be sure the skirts and slacks won't be too long.

Totally different from Junior sizes, which are tailered to young women's shapes.

I really think eBid USA needs all our varieties of categories, because many of us rely on them to get a good fit. Otherwise, no one will dare buy anything without trying it on first.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Junior size and misses size are major shopping categories among USA young people. It would definitely make sense to have a junior size category in USA eBid.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Originally Posted by TexasAda
    And I think it's cruel of stores to so often have the plus size clothes physically next to the PETITES!

You are so right. What are they thinking!?
    They are thinking to make my life miserable...AAaaaaack!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    they are thinking to make my life miserable...aaaaaaack!!!
    LOL! I put the LOL in caps, but it keeps converting to lower case when I preview, unless I type other words after it. Another glitch?

I have to agree with all the statements for Junior sizing...I used to wear them years ago. They are a little shorter waisted. It would diffenatly be good to have a cat for plus sizes too.

Clothing & Accessories> Womens Clothes> US Junior

Bumping to let Gazza know that US sellers really need this category. Junior size clothing is big business in the States.

#15 - Ada - I don't mind so much about the 'plus sizes' not being further sub-divided, as I can sub-divide them in my shop.
    However - my beef is with the 'search stores' list.

In that, there is only one suitable category for my 'plus-sizes' store - ie Women's clothing.
    I'm sure that all the owner of lovely lingerie shops, or sportswear shops for women are feeling the same frustration - I'm currently on page 5, and feel very sorry for the people who may be on the last page and never get a look because there are at least 150 stores under ' Womens clothing'

I would like to see the womens clothing STORES GROUP sub-divided into things like juniors, plus sizes, lingerie, petites, sportswear, knitwear etc - a lot of people just sell one type of women's clothing
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information