eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: US "Junior" size clothing Subcategory, Please!

Default US "Junior" size clothing Subcategory, pretty please?

Womens Clothing> Juniors

In the US nearly every teen girl and young adult woman wear "Junior" size clothing, yet there is NO category in eBid for Junior clothing. They have a Women's categoy with Plus Size and Petites as subcategories. It is very important that eBid have a subcategory for US Junior size clothing for US sellers. Please read the rest of my post for my explanation.

Misses sizes fall under Women's Clothing category just fine.
    Misses sizes are 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 etc. Most women I know wear Misses sized clothing. If you can't wear Misses sizes, you have subcategories of Plus Size and Petites.

US Junior sizes have odd numbers with the exception of 0. They are 0, 1, 3, 5, 7 etc. Sometime they could be considered Junior/Miss with sized of 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 etc., but are still considered "Junoirs" because of the odd number in the size.

Junior sizes are more trendy, jeans are usually low rise, flaired legs, "skinny" jeans, and other trends. Tops are smaller and tighter. They are tailored for the young and fashionable. Every department store in the US sells Junoir sizes for teens and young adults, and is probably their most profitable department. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of stores in the US that sell ONLY Junior sizes. It is big business here.

When I joined eBid, seller+, I went to list my daughter's gently used Junior clothes and got stopped in my tracks. NO Junior category! What!?? Even "chubby" teens can wear sizes 13, 15, & 17. Bigger than that, they probably wear "Women's" size which is 18W, 20W, 22W, etc., which fall under the Plus Size subcategory here.

Members from the UK have said that they don't sell Junior clothing in the UK. I believe them, but I find it hard to believe that teens and young adults in the UK wear the same clothes as their mothers and grandmothers.

Please post your support for this much needed category for US sellers. All Junior clothing listed now is buried in thousands of Misses sizes, and need their own subcategory.
    Thank you.
    birdwatcher2008
    Last edited by birdwatcher2008; 27th March 2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: pretty please?

Wink Junior sizes category

This has been an ongoing issue for the months that I have been on ebid. Can't remember all the for/againsts but it appears it might only be a US thing, a category that does not apply to any other country. Us crazy Americans!!

I am sure others will remember and bring us up to date on this ongoing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    This has been an ongoing issue for the months that I have been on ebid. Can't remember all the for/againsts but it appears it might only be a US thing, a category that does not apply to any other country. Us crazy Americans!!

I am sure others will remember and bring us up to date on this ongoing issue.
    Thanks, deltadelta48! We know the guys do add subcategories sometimes. Hope the do here! Looking for a lot of support on this subject.

I agree.. quite often while listing clothing items myself, I've been hard-pressed to find a correct category... so a lot of times, it's a case of "best guess" , and I'd probably see the same sort of issue if I was shopping for clothing as well... so add another vote for the Junior or Junior Miss category
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't fit in the Junior size but when shopping with granddaughters we shop in that section so I know it is relevant even if it does not pertain to me. I think that is the point, just because something does not affect me does not mean it isn't important! I think this is a lesson we all need to learn to make things work smoothly on this site and in life.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

As a UK'er living in the USA I can relate to sizes. It was totally frustrating and confusing for me to find my equivalent size in clothing and quite an education. I am now fortunate to know my size in both countries but most members won't have any idea. Using UK sizes by guesswork can create a lot of grief and unfortunate returns, so it is very important to have a US clothing size category for the US members.

~Jan~

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Using UK sizes by guesswork can create a lot of grief and unfortunate returns, so it is very important to have a US clothing size category for the US members.

~Jan~
    Thanks for pointing that out- and that is exactly why all of my clothing listings have exact measurements in inches, so there can be no guesswork as to the dimensions represented by the size (Now, if only the buyers would *read* the flippin' description!! Ive had one item returned twice because all the buyer read was "Size 16" (ladies pants) and assumed it would fit.. they never read the description explaining that I was not sure if it was ladies', misses, junior misses' or what... (Manufacturer's label did not give any clue), or checked the measurements... Sold them a third time, and the buyer refused to return it, and evidently thought my reply offensive in some way. (all I ever said was.. "that's why I have measurements in the listing description, so this won't happen, but go ahead and return it for a full refund, and I'll just donate this to local Goodwill store" - they never returned the item, and left me a neg feedback.. Oh well... )
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Interesting to think about. I agree junior sizes are a big deal in US stores. I think the junior figure is considered more short waisted and of shorter stature overall than misses and plus sizes, and I'm not clear how they're different from Petite sizes beyond having the odd numbers as opposed to the even numbers of most other garment size ranges.

If Junior sizes are a US-only thing, I think the category headings should reflect that somehow, for example "US Junior size 3", "US Junior size 5" etc. It would be useless to give a measurement chart showing what body measurement sizes fit what Junior sizes, however, since manufacturers seem to play fast and loose with those standards. But Junior categories are definitely an area that would soon be populated on eBid, in my opinion.

As birdwatcher said, Junior departments usually offer more trendy, youthful clothes.

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher2008 View Post
    Womens Clothing> US Juniors

In the US nearly every teen girl and young adult woman wear "Junior" size clothing, yet there is NO category in eBid for Junior clothing. They have a Women's categoy with Plus Size and Petites as subcategories. It is very important that eBid have a subcategory for US Junior size clothing for US sellers. Please read the rest of my post for my explanation.

Misses sizes fall under Women's Clothing category just fine.
    Misses sizes are 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 etc. Most women I know wear Misses sized clothing. If you can't wear Misses sizes, you have subcategories of Plus Size and Petites.

US Junior sizes have odd numbers with the exception of 0. They are 0, 1, 3, 5, 7 etc. Sometime they could be considered Junior/Miss with sized of 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 etc., but are still considered "Junoirs" because of the odd number in the size.

Junior sizes are more trendy, jeans are usually low rise, flaired legs, "skinny" jeans, and other trends. Tops are smaller and tighter. They are tailored for the young and fashionable. Every department store in the US sells Junoir sizes for teens and young adults, and is probably their most profitable department. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of stores in the US that sell ONLY Junior sizes. It is big business here.

When I joined eBid, seller+, I went to list my daughter's gently used Junior clothes and got stopped in my tracks. NO Junior category! What!?? Even "chubby" teens can wear sizes 13, 15, & 17. Bigger than that, they probably wear "Women's" size which is 18W, 20W, 22W, etc., which fall under the Plus Size subcategory here.

Members from the UK have said that they don't sell Junior clothing in the UK. I believe them, but I find it hard to believe that teens and young adults in the UK wear the same clothes as their mothers and grandmothers.

Please post your support for this much needed category for US sellers. All Junior clothing listed now is buried in thousands of Misses sizes, and need their own subcategory.
    Thank you.
    birdwatcher2008
    I haven't been able to fit into juniors for a number of years but it is definitely a major category for the U.S. Now some may say"maybe so in the U. S. but not here", and to that I say we have eBid U.S. so why not add a major U. S. Category. I guarantee people will take notice to it.

View harold69's Feedback (+369)
    All-About harold69
    View harold69's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have talked to my grand daughters on this to get the word from the horses mouth. They thought i was crazy not to know about junior and missis size as opposed to shopping for Grandma, my wife knew about them. I would say it is imperative to have these catagories to get the younger shoppers on eBid. Their patience is not long enough to dig thru auctions or general catagories to see if their size or style is there.

Thread Information