eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shabby-Chic

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Most interesting! Unfortunately the main court-case ended in out of court settlement with the usual confidentiality clauses, though I find it interesting that it was Shabby Chic being sued by the sellbay customers, not the other way around! There's an interesting, but short, discussion in the middle of this Wikipedia archive page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...8_September_17

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Think its stupid if thats a copyright.
    cant believe it.
    cheers tony

All-About tpypr
    View tpypr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I use shabby chic in the title of some items to describe their style, but wouldn't expect to have a whole section for them - it's too wide-ranging. Almost any item of decor, furnishing, collectibles, household whatever can be shabby chic. Better to put that lamp, sofa, vase etc under the right category and just use "shabby chic" to describe the style, just as one would "blue" or "French country" or "retro", in my view.
    My goodness . . . Where is your sense of adventure? Whether it is a yard sale, flea market, thrift store, or whatever, I enjoy searching out the hard-to-find nooks and crannies, viewing the never-ending variety of items arrayed in no discernible fashion whatsoever in hopes of finding that "treasure" overlooked by others.

There is a built-in excitement akin to Christmas morning activities as I turn the corner and overload my visual sensory center trying to take in and identify everything in sight at one time!

For me, a shabby-chic subcategory would equate to a fabulous treasure hunt, as opposed to the "veddy-veddy formal" aspect of categorized, organized, alphabetized, sterilized, color-coded selections/collections.

Mankind needs to be able free itself from the world of (restrictions of) organized, programmed, civilized lifestyles once in awhile (kinda like loosening your tie or removing your girdle at the end of a long and exhausting day of work!) and just have some fun and adventure!!! That is what I have envisioned for this subcategory, whatever it is called.

Now, is that really such a bad thing?

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tpypr View Post
    My goodness . . . Where is your sense of adventure?...
    I know, it's pathetic. I've sailed the oceans, flown helicopters, been scuba-diving by both day and night in some of the most exotic parts of the world, driven race cars around several UK tracks, spent weekends in the pitlane of most European F1 Grands Prix, travelled to every continent on the planet, bar Antarctica, and even, if I go back far enough, eaten at Macdonalds but...

... I've never had a really *good* rummage in a cardboard box. I'm such a wuss.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

It might be exciting for the buyer but such a vague category would be a disaster for sellers - the items might as well be hidden in a secret category!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About tpypr
    View tpypr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

... I've never had a really *good* rummage in a cardboard box.

Oh, Kimbo, I'm so glad you are able to draw upon your imaginative resources to envision the truly-unique nature of an adventurous experience that will surely raise your senses to heretofore unknown heights of excitement and delight . . . in an otherwise typically-mundane existence!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Everybody needs a goal, a dream, that impossible pinnacle to climb *one day*..... sigh.

Thread Information