Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: ? re Store

View camme6's Feedback (+1597)
    All-About camme6
    View camme6's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default ? re Store

Hi. I am a newbie here but I am thinking about the $50 lifetime membership. But before I do, I have a few questions.

First: Everytime I go into my store, it says "offline". Does this mean that no one can view my inventory if I'm offline?

Second: I had some views on my auctions, but now when I check them the views have gone back to "O". Why did my views get cancelled? It looks like my items have been on eBid for almost a week but no one has looked at them. Is there something I am doing wrong?

I want to make sure I will at least sell something if I pay the $50 for the subscription.

I've tried to check your listings, but, even though it shows auctions running as 30, when I want to go and look at them, it shows me no auctions running, so I guess that is because I am in the uk, and you don't ship overseas/

Your about me page also shows that you don't have a store at the moment. For a store to stay online, you need to add your listings to it.

These help page links should be able to help you.

http://www.bykimbo.com/ebid/help/

http://www.raindropsies.com/page4.htm
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    I've tried to check your listings, but, even though it shows auctions running as 30, when I want to go and look at them, it shows me no auctions running, so I guess that is because I am in the uk, and you don't ship overseas...
    If you want to look at an overseas seller's item just change your county code to that of the person of interest in the address bar at the top of your browser.

E.g.

Code:

http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?words=736642&mo=search&type=user
    becomes:

Code:

http://us.three.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?words=736642&mo=search&type=user

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camme6 View Post
    First: Everytime I go into my store, it says "offline". Does this mean that no one can view my inventory if I'm offline?
    Have a read of http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0013 paying particular attention to the last part. You must select your store Online and then click the Update Section 2 button. If you don't click the button the store will not go online.

If your store if Offline then people can still see your items and find them via searches - they will just not be located in a store. If a store goes offline then all listings in it revert to normal listings.

Second: I had some views on my auctions, but now when I check them the views have gone back to "O". Why did my views get cancelled? It looks like my items have been on eBid for almost a week but no one has looked at them. Is there something I am doing wrong?
    The view count is renowned for being a bit flaky but there is also an option in your my Defaults that selects whether view counts should be reset to zero on repost. Check that is as you desire it to be.

I want to make sure I will at least sell something if I pay the $50 for the subscription.
    My advice is always to take out one of the short term subscriptions first to determine if eBid is the place you want to be long term. If it is then any subscriptions currently paid are deductible from the Seller+ Lifetime subscription if/when you decide to go for it.
    Last edited by astral276; 14th March 2009 at 02:53 PM.

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to say ... The best thing I have done is to open a Shop. My things just get re-listed ( No Fee's) and eventually things begin to move Honestly . Just because nobody wants theem this week , it could be excactly what they are looking for another time xx good luck

View camme6's Feedback (+1597)
    All-About camme6
    View camme6's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do have items listed in my store. I put my store online, update Section 2, and list my items. It is online. However, the next day when I check my store, it is offline again. So how do I get it to stay online?

I did take a $1.99 subscription, which expires in 2 days.

Also, in my About Me page, is it OK to say that I am a Power Seller with over 1,100 feedbacks on eBay or is that a NoNo?

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

I do have items listed in my store. I put my store online, update Section 2, and list my items. It is online. However, the next day when I check my store, it is offline again. So how do I get it to stay online?
    I recall seeing mention of this happening with new stores a few days ago. I thought it had been fixed. If you still cannot keep your store online then I would contact eBid admin and get them to take a look.

Well where you go from there is up to you. Nobody here can guarantee you sales. Personally I kept going with short term subscriptions until the only logical step was to upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime. The choice to leap is yours; no one's going to push you.

Also, in my About Me page, is it OK to say that I am a Power Seller with over 1,100 feedbacks on eBay or is that a NoNo?
    You can...as long as you do not link to feebay or any other e-commerce site. You might do better linking to Repatoo.com as that is a neater solution (in my opinion). See: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0006

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I believe this is a recurring subscription where you will automatically be charged for the next 7 days each and every time. So, if you don't want to proceed for the next 7 days you will have to downgrade to buyer status.

~Jan~

Thread Information