Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Change the feedback system!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I used to wait until I had been informed that the buyer was happy - either by the leaving of feedback on their part or via an email/message. I never quite liked the feeling that you were engaged in some kind of virtual staring match between buyer/seller to see who would blink first and leave feedback for the other.

With eBid's system of changeable feedback I am happy to leave feedback reflecting how the transaction has gone at point of sale. Safe in the knowledge that if things start to go pear shaped after that then the feedback can be edited to reflect the changed situation.

eBid's feedback system seems about as fair as you can make it. It treats both parties like adults and allows them to work things out between themselves; only providing a referee if they can't manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by earthengirl View Post
    Wouldn't it be fairer on buyers if the feedback system was changed so that sellers cannot leave retal feedback when a negative or neutral is given.

As far as I see it as a seller, the sellers should leave feedback once payment is received and the item is sent. Personally it is what I do, it seems more professional, then if the buyer thinks he has had a raw deal they are free to leave whatever feedback they choose without fear of receiving retal feedback.
    Problem with that is the same thing that now happens regularly on SleazeBay - Buyers use feedback as a method to blackmail sellers, or hold them hostage. I.E. "If you don't give me ________ then I'm going to leave a nasty neg and a bad DSR and screw things up for you" (even when the seller did nothing wrong but buyer is just trying to scam and get something for nothing.. )

I much prefer Ebid's feedback system where comments can be edited after the fact (Such as , you leave a neg for an NPB after 10 days of no contact, no payment... and then get a money order in the mail 3 days later for payment and 2 more days after that the buyer contacts you advising that they had been away on vacation/holiday for 2 weeks, and had mailed you the money order just before they left.. - with ebid's system you can go back and change your neg to a positive and everyone is happy and gets good feedback..)
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Forum Newbie
    View vanhelds's Feedback (+4)
    All-About vanhelds
    View vanhelds's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are very good reasons why sellers should be allowed to leave feedback. There are bad buyers out there, just as there are bad sellers. Some buyers are taking advantage of the feedback system on eBay to defraud large numbers of sellers, by claiming that items have not arrived. This type of fraud never comes to light.

Retaliatory feedback is a problem, but banning feedback from sellers is not the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by vanhelds View Post
    There are very good reasons why sellers should be allowed to leave feedback. There are bad buyers out there, just as there are bad sellers. Some buyers are taking advantage of the feedback system on eBay to defraud large numbers of sellers, by claiming that items have not arrived. This type of fraud never comes to light.

Retaliatory feedback is a problem, but banning feedback from sellers is not the solution.
    Banning feedback from sellers is not what the issue is!!!!!

OP - You have stated in another thread that you have asked the support team to investigate your particular problem. I am sure that they will do this for you.
    Ebid's system seems very fair to me.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't care what dungbay are doing, this is eBid.
    I also prefer the eBid feedback system of being able to change comments when transactions change. And yes, there are bad buyers and sellers out there and we should be able to use our feedback system to warn others. We can't avoid those sort of members from joining eBid and causing mayhem but we can warn admin and they act very quickly to get rid of these people. Of course, there still are some 'evil doers' here, it's just a case of finding them and eBid rely on us to report them.

So.............................. leave the feedback system alone, it's perfect for our needs (except the auto feedback reminder that admin have introduced, but that's another story).

~Jan~

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vanhelds View Post

Let's let FB be shall we.

Sorry, but I've had to face more then a few scammers on the other side telling me I'd better to this, that, or else.

One-sided and being told when to leave FB just gets bidders/buyers into a bullying frame of mind, and makes sellers mistrustful of every customer.

I'll be honest when I first started selling I would leave FB first, but I ran into a few people that tried to say "it never arrived" when "Delivery Confirmation" shows that it did a week ago.

Of course I informed them of this(& what delivery confirmation is) and diplomatically asked them if there a spouse, or roommate(s) might have put it away in the closet, in a drawer, or etc. and maybe forgot to mention it, or if they got the right item/seller. Usually I didn't hear back and sometimes they took the suggested scenarios.

OF COURSE this was before the "change". Odd how pride can be so easily offended & threats increase when right or wrong a buyer is always right.

Equality has its ups and downs, but it is none the less it is "equal", and that at least does make people a little more polite.

i leave feedback as soon as payment is recieved and like other have said if payment bounces i can edit as necessary

I think ebid has the best feedback system so i really hope it doesn't get messed with
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View nobrassband's Feedback (+1072)
    All-About nobrassband
    View nobrassband's Listings
    Forum Posts

Leave well alone. Its flexible. It works.

Books and More from nobrassband

~~~
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    (Isaac Asimov)

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    I agree, being able to change the feedback is an excellent feature.

Some sellers wait to leave feedback until the buyer has expressed themselves happy with the transaction, and left their own feedback. This helps focus the mind of the occasional buyer from hell, who has paid but then causes chaos in the transaction by claiming untruths about condition, description etc. from leaving malicious or knee jerk negs. It's a perfectly valid position to take, I prefer to leave feedback until the transaction is totally finished and I know that the buyer is happy. Any problems I may have to sort out are part of the transaction, and of course, how the buyer reacts is part of it too - I don't think a buyer's part is finished once they've paid, they also have to receive the goods, examine them, and be satisfied.

I used to leave feedback over here when the buyer paid, as it can be changed and adapted to circumstances, but I don't any more. Only the people who can be bothered to leave me feedback get it now, (or other sellers), the rest clearly don't care about their feedback, so I don't either.
    I completely agree with your post. Everyone has their own "policy" and mine is to leave feedback after the buyer does, knowing that they are satisfied with the transaction. If they don't bother, then neither do I. It is good to know that you can change your feedback here.

Thread Information