Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Golf club purchasing......buyer beware use caution

View ovezevo's Feedback (+1634)
    All-About ovezevo
    View ovezevo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face Golf club purchasing......buyer beware use caution

Bottom line is that buyers need to be educated consumers. A current issue that has popped up recently and in my opinion, plaguing the golf community is the increase of copied name brand golf clubs. People are starting to ask: "how can anyone really be sure what they are buying?" It is so important to review seller feedbacks AND practice buying from established businesses. Take a look at the selling history and SECONDLY, take the time to look at what the seller has sold in the past.... Ask yourself this: how can a seller sell the same product over and over again and at ridiculously low prices??? I'm always amazed at the sellers that will have 10 of the same items up for sale at the same time and all starting at .01 NR. We're not talking about $30 items either. We're talking about $300 + if authentic. I'm not saying that this circumstance always reflect issues. You have to ask questions whenever in doubt. I recectly looked at an auction and quickly realized that the seller had become a powerseller but less than 50 transactions. The seller was selling an item that has an associated cost (not retail) of no less than 140-160. The seller was selling about 10 identical items starting at 0.1 and had in the past sold aver 15 identical items, all of which sold for less than 80.00. I also noticed that the shipping cost for Canadians appeared higher than normal. My first instinct was that these were being drop shipped from Asia. I did the right thing and asked the seller if he would guarantee authenticity and asked him to confirm where the item was being shipped from. The seller was very honest and advised that the items were being drop shipped from Asia and advised that they were an Asian model. What exactly is an Asian model??? Anyhow, be careful when someone tells you or advertises an item as an Asian model. That usually spells trouble if your looking to acquire authentic genuine items. Bottom line is this, any seller can play the "I didn't know" card or the "I was advised it was authentic" card, to avoid liability of false pretense selling and fraud. Now, if you're a buyer who doesn't care about authenticity and would rather save a few bucks, there are definately some great deals out there. If this article can help one person in making that right decision, writing this was worth the time. My biggest pet peeve are sellers who place ads and not providing full disclosure. People shouldn't have to ask. If it's a copy, it's a copy. Don't try pawning it off as the real deal or Asian model. Many of us have the ability to line up with a drop shipper out of Asia and pick these items up for mere pennies to the dollar. Who would we be helping other than our bank accounts? Let's stop ripping people off. BUYER beware!!! If it's to good to be true, it always is 99.9% of the time. Do your homework and ask questions...... Thanks for listening

OK then.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information