View Poll Results: Best Offer option. Yes or No

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it would be a "good" thing.

71 62.83%
  • No

42 37.17%
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: How about a "Best-Offer" or a "Haggle" option?

I've never used e**y for it's loving feeling .
    What always makes me laugh, is the amount of ex e**y sellers moaning and groaning about how bad it is, and then wanting to change things to be just like them.
    I've got nothing against having an offer option, I just don't think it's that important. That's just my opinion, which is just as valid as anybody elses. I haven't voted on your poll because last time I looked there wasn't an option that suited [/QUOTE]

I said a Best Offer would be a "good" option. It would be something mild to increase sales, and give the site "revenue" for more important upgrades. It wouldn't be nearly as time consuming or costly as over hauling others things, like Categories/ Sub-categories, the shipping calculator, bulk edit/upload features, and etc.

I have no problem with it being added to the site. I've never used it, but others may find it helpful. And if buyers like it, perhaps it will lure more buyers to the site.

Exactly get people to here. Certainly would help the sites popularity in Cyberspace.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalistslibrary View Post
    What always makes me laugh, is the amount of ex e**y sellers moaning and groaning about how bad it is, and then wanting to change things to be just like them.
    I don't think anyone wants eBid to just like "them". I think we should use what works to our advantage, like their user friendly invoices where you can edit the shipping, add (optional) insurance, give shipping choices on the invoice, etc. Then the buyer chooses his shipping method and insurance if he wants it, payment method, then pays from that invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    Exactly get people to here. Certainly would help the sites popularity in Cyberspace.
    Oh dear, bring in OUTSIDERS? Oh the horrors!

Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher2008 View Post
    So Americans who would like to join eBid are just "outsiders" to you? I'm talking about members, and potential members. You don't want new members here? There is a US eBid site, and should cater to Americans. What bad habits are you talking about? I'm talking about the growth here, which means big bucks for the owners here, making things better for all. Shall we turn around and go backwards? I'm trying to be tactful, but I just don't get your resistance to new US member. And what bad habits do we have?
    Unfortunately, my comments have been misinterpretted. I am not against Americans. There are already many US members to eBid and that's good. I don't look at eBid as being a collection of satellite sites that operate independently from each other. The fact that I can list my items on the Canadian site and have my items show up on the other sites because I allow for international shipping is a good thing. I would like to see eBid grow, though if it means making the site more like eBay by offering all the bells and whistles that made eBay decline, well, then what point was there for me to wander outside of eBay in the first place? Recall there was a time when even eBay was purely an auction site. Then they offered Buy-It-Now. Then they started fixed price listings. Then they offered seller stores. Lots more rules came into effect, some good, many disliked. The fees went up to accomodate all the options and tools provided by eBay. I came here because I miss the now-defunct Yahoo Auctions which was smaller, more personal, less restrictive.

As for outsiders, I use this term to mean anyone in any country not already signed up with eBid. I would prefer to see eBid promote itself for what it is, not what it could become. There are already many good reasons to join this site, and the fact that many people have already joined shows that we have a good thing going. But if eBid introduces something that is disliked by most members in an attempt to get new members, that doesn't help the site to grow.

My personal preference is still to resist having a haggling option. I'm not sure I should continue posting more in this thread as I find I'm not being understood well.

Mark
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    Unfortunately, my comments have been misinterpretted. I am not against Americans. There are already many US members to eBid and that's good. I don't look at eBid as being a collection of satellite sites that operate independently from each other. The fact that I can list my items on the Canadian site and have my items show up on the other sites because I allow for international shipping is a good thing. I would like to see eBid grow, though if it means making the site more like eBay by offering all the bells and whistles that made eBay decline, well, then what point was there for me to wander outside of eBay in the first place? Recall there was a time when even eBay was purely an auction site. Then they offered Buy-It-Now. Then they started fixed price listings. Then they offered seller stores. Lots more rules came into effect, some good, many disliked. The fees went up to accomodate all the options and tools provided by eBay. I came here because I miss the now-defunct Yahoo Auctions which was smaller, more personal, less restrictive.

As for outsiders, I use this term to mean anyone in any country not already signed up with eBid. I would prefer to see eBid promote itself for what it is, not what it could become. There are already many good reasons to join this site, and the fact that many people have already joined shows that we have a good thing going. But if eBid introduces something that is disliked by most members in an attempt to get new members, that doesn't help the site to grow.

My personal preference is still to resist having a haggling option. I'm not sure I should continue posting more in this thread as I find I'm not being understood well.

Mark
    I would like to be the first to say "well said". We don't have to agree on what moves would be positive for the future of eBid. Something being disliked by "most members" would have to include those who don't post in the forums to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    I came here because I miss the now-defunct Yahoo Auctions which was smaller, more personal, less restrictive.
    Now-defunct say's it all. Stay small and get swatted around then finally squashed by FeeBay.

Of course FeeBay isn't the powerhouse it used to be, so if eBid kicks the tries and puts the pedal to the medal they can make this into a nice scrap. Especially if it some how gets into the news.

Any ideas on how to get some press? Anyone?
    Last edited by theweaverboy; 3rd March 2009 at 04:08 AM.

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like the idea of a best offer option. I have items sitting in my stores, that I feel are competitively priced, but if someone wants to make me an offer I certainly would look at it. As a matter of fact on two of my items, I list in the description that all offers will be considered. I always have the option of saying no.

Thread Information