View Poll Results: Best Offer option. Yes or No

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it would be a "good" thing.

71 62.83%
  • No

42 37.17%
Page 1 of 38 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How about a "Best-Offer" or a "Haggle" option?

Default How about a "Best-Offer" or a "Haggle" option?

Yes OMG it's me again:-), and yes I'm making another poll that is probably going to get shot down. Oh well here it goes.

Please vote on the issue at hand, and not if you find me annoying. If anyone in the forum would like to set up a poll on how annoying I am feel free. I would think it hilarious! And I would probably vote yes just for a giggle.

Now to the issue at hand. A Best Offer option. With relatively few people still not knowing about eBid, and being apprehensive on coming over for the other side, a haggle option would be a good device to have. NOW let me stop you before you can say it. It was over looked on the poll post about the "priorities for eBid changes" back in late December of 2008, by bykimbo.

I see a lot listings as reserve auctions with a Buy Now option, or the opening bid that is only a little bit less then the Buy Now. Apparently many aren't inclined to risk it yet in an open auction for .01 with no reserve.

A Best Offer or call it what you will would be a "good" option to have. It would get more sellers to post more listing and have more sales, thus building more revenue personally and for eBid as well.

Maybe only make this option available, since it would an option, on Gallery or Featured listings. Hey Mark and Gazza got to eat.

If you are not aware of what or how a best offer would work look below.
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    BEST OFFER
    Accept the Best-Offer and end the listing.

Decline the Best-Offer. You can explain your reasons to the buyer if you want to.

Respond with a counteroffer. If the buyer doesn’t respond within a reasonable amount of time, you can let the counteroffer expire.

Let the offer expire after 48 hours or when the listing ends.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

I know some offers can be rather insulting, but you have the options to counter or decline and the choice would be, of course, still up to the seller.

Thank you for your time,
    Steve(AKA:theweaverboy)

Added March 6th 2009 11:19 PM EST

It is a matter of personal preference.

A seller's preferred way of setting up a listing is kind of like one's preferred beverage. Do you like coffee or tea? Do you take cream, milk, or sugar?

A seller should be allowed to set up there listing as they like. It is their property and their time. If buyers are annoyed by it they won't bid, buy, or make an offer.

Limiting listing "options" just limits the site.
    Last edited by theweaverboy; 7th March 2009 at 04:19 AM.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would use a BEST OFFER option if it was available. I have had a lot of sales on the other side with this. Yes I get some pretty stupid offers, but that's what the decline button is for.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've rarely found it any use, either as a buyer or seller, but I think that's because of the sectors I trade in. In collectibles etc I'm sure it would be useful. You don't have a "I don't mind either way" option.

Bykimo it may not be of use to you, but would it benefical for others and eBid overall? Could it lead more people to selling & buying here?

More members the more sales for everyone;-)

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've already said it would be useful for others.

Yeah I know bykimbo. Just trying to get more yes votes by playing the “dip”lomat;-)
    Last edited by theweaverboy; 27th February 2009 at 05:06 PM.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND bump;-)

Okay are you voting no on the issue, or because I was the one who posted the poll?

I always thought that the idea of an auction, was for the price to go up. That's why it's called an auction site.
    As opposed to the Ranch where offers, haggling and instant chat is encouraged, but it isn't an auction site

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    Okay are you voting no on the issue, or because I was the one who posted the poll?
    I really think you're making a mistake making this about personalities. You're the only one doing that, and by bringing the focus onto the individual, you're losing the argument before it starts.

This could be a useful and interesting discussion about a relevant issue that might be important to ebid and ebid sellers...

... why not just let the discussion flow naturally and keep quiet about your personal issues? If you don't badger people to take part on your terms, and try to bully them into being on your side, then something valuable could come out of the woodwork.

Thread Information