My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Fees... So if I pay $49.99

Default Fees... So if I pay $49.99

I'm a long time user of ebay, and I'm fed up with ebay's fees..

I'm trying to understand how ebid works... I understand this way, that if I pay $49.99 I have a lifetime of free listings and no final value fees?

Is this correct, or am I missing something here..

Also, What's the advantage to having a store on ebid?

Thanks for the help. I'm a large ebayer with a store on ebay. Can someone help me on these questions.

Tom

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KeyDateRareCoins View Post
    I'm trying to understand how ebid works... I understand this way, that if I pay $49.99 I have a lifetime of free listings and no final value fees?
    You have the ability to list and sell for free. If you use any extras you will still be charged either on listing or on sale. Most people tend to use the Gallery format of listing which has a FVF of 2% on sale. Gallery format gives you the thumbnail in search results that the Free Listing does not. Fees generally are a lot lower here than on the dark side.

Also, What's the advantage to having a store on ebid?
    Stores here do not work the same way on eBid as shops over there. Think of them more as a special category under which to group and list your items. You get 5 stores as part of your Seller+ subscription.

So if I pay the $49.99 and list 100 items in my store there are no fees until the item sells? If I use the thumbnail listings, they are free until the item sells? and the $49.99 gives me a free lifetime store?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you list items using the Free Listing format as Seller+ there are no fees. Ever.

If you use Gallery format you still list for free but there is a 2% FVF when the item sells. If it doesn't sell there is no fee.

You can keep reposting an item for as long as it takes to sell it. Still the Gallery format fee will only be charged on actual sale. So if an item doesn't sell there is still no fee.

Some extras, such as additional photos; featured listings; etc., are charged on listing. These fees will be charged each time the item is reposted.

Have a read of http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0004 in particular read the links to eBid's fee tables.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyDateRareCoins View Post
    So if I pay the $49.99 and list 100 items in my store there are no fees until the item sells? If I use the thumbnail listings, they are free until the item sells? and the $49.99 gives me a free lifetime store?
    Pretty much ..

I list all my listings as Gallery listing (with thumbnail) .

It costs me nothing to list them (or re-list) - no fees at all there.. List an item 10 days, with 10 automatic re-posts... no fees until it sells (2% on final value)

Other types of listings (such as featured, bold, etc - it is all fully shown in the chart here (under #2): http://us.ebid.net/help_money.php ) obviously do cost you to list, and re-list...

There is no difference between a store listing and an auction - listings are done the same way regardless.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Thumbs up Do the math

Featured item status for $1 is great too, your item is put on top of page and you pay NO further fees when it sells (no 2%) . Dozens more people see your item & check out your other items too.

Also ebid does a bit of promoting for you. 24 hr a day the stores and sellers scroll on both sides of the screen. Sellers can click and check you out.

Economy is slow, and this could reflect in bidding on your items. You might have to relist or adjust time frame (7 days to 10 days). But it is a perfect time to open the account, list items, and get everything in place so you are ready when it picks up.

Also, don't forget to contact ALL your past customers (Paypal has addresses/emalls) and tell them you are moving, same great service, products, prices will be lower, etc. I sent postcards and emails and brought over some good customers and it makes a difference in sales. They are also buying from other ebid sellers so all of us gain when new buyers come on board.

Selling on ebay was easier because they had more traffic, however the high fees and the berserk buyers, inability to give negative to non-payers, etc. soured all of us on ebay. You may find you have to tweek your auctions to get started, ie run groups of low priced items to get you noticed, maybe offer free shipping on second items, discounts, etc. But that is all part of selling. You would have to do all that and more if you opened up your own website.

Do the math. All those extra fees ebay took go right into your pocket here.

Thread Information