eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magazines,what condition?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by adman55 View Post
    Youmeus thanks I get paid on Friday so it will all start then. If everything goe's ok probly 50 to 100 items aday will go on. Also is there a limit on how much you can list with lifetime+. Was hoping for 10,000 to 12,000 items. Thanks again Leo
    Sky is the limit. But there is a bulk lister, I never used it, but you might want to investigate that before you list one by one.

Oh, and very important, mind your categories very carefully. Putting item in wrong category gets it pulled and destroyed forever. You can NOT list magazines outside of the book and magazine section i.e. put baby magazines in baby category, or knitting mag in with the knitting in craft category, or china collecting magazines in with the china. All books and magazines belong in the book/magazine category. Feebay allows this, so many of us have assumed it is ok here. It is not. If we need a magazine we go into the book/magazine category.

Good advice in both posts, Delta.

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

RE: You can NOT list magazines outside of the book and magazine section i.e. put baby magazines in baby category, or knitting mag in with the knitting in craft category, or china collecting magazines in with the china. All books and magazines belong in the book/magazine category. Feebay allows this, so many of us have assumed it is ok here. It is not. If we need a magazine we go into the book/magazine category.
    ================================================
    If that is currently true here.. it is a non-knowledgeable rule and bad at that.

Forum Newbie
    View adman55's Feedback (-1)
    All-About adman55
    View adman55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default delt ad

Hi delad thanks for the great Idea I will for sure ask them also have around 40 quilting old pamplets or howto's and a huge chest full of doillies etc. shes going threw them tomorrow let you know. Leo

Forum Newbie
    All-About adman55
    View adman55's Listings
    Forum Posts

That bulk lister will be the Item I'll use when I get going I will be putting on 7,000 or 8,000 ads from new to vintage. From cars to milk ads to absulute vodka ads. Articles on old sport stars like Steve Prefontaine to the babe. To war articles to kitchen articles. Also my favorite how to plans like mini bike plans to boats to you name it. I love the idea commn here without all the fees I can take my time and list the way I like. So If everyond don't mind I will be asking everyone here for info. Not dumb Questions I have 4 accounts on fee-bay I'm closing three over 20,000 feed back. Been there selling since 97 started buying in 96 there. So thanks Leo

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    RE: You can NOT list magazines outside of the book and magazine section i.e. put baby magazines in baby category, or knitting mag in with the knitting in craft category, or china collecting magazines in with the china. All books and magazines belong in the book/magazine category. Feebay allows this, so many of us have assumed it is ok here. It is not. If we need a magazine we go into the book/magazine category.
    ================================================
    If that is currently true here.. it is a non-knowledgeable rule and bad at that.

Yes it is true here. Books and magazines belong is the mag/book category and no where else or the listing can be closed. Only exception is when it is a small booklet of say, crochet patterns, that can go under crochet patterns sub cat.

Just a few weeks ago we had quite a long discussion concerning this when a member wanted to redo the whole craft section with subcategories under all categories to include books. i.e. craft books would have been split into 20-30 categories. Don't know where multiple craft books would have gone.

Keeping books in one category makes sense because that is how a large department store is arranged. You buy china in china, but china collecting books in the book department. Saves time because if I need multiple books (crochet, knitting, china), I go to one place to get them, not three.

Hi delad thanks for the great Idea I will for sure ask them also have around 40 quilting old pamplets or howto's and a huge chest full of doillies etc. shes going threw them tomorrow let you know. Leo
    OH NO, don't throw anything away. Sell the doilies, even if damaged as a few big lots sorted by color, or size. I would even put larger ones in their own single listing. If you find unusual ones that don't look like others, keep aside, might be handmade lace or tatting, or ???

By all means sell the pamphlets and pattern books too (those can go under the category knitting, whatever).

I told this story before, a local auction company gets jobs to clean out estates from the city, and often found lots of craft items. Routinely threw them away!!! Yarn, needles whatever! When one of the ring people convinced them to run a huge batch of 1940s knitting needles, they were astonished by the price they fetched. Moral, check it out before you toss anything.

Likewise, old crochet threads. If you find old 1920s 1930 or older DMC (made in France) threads, you found a goldmine. Some little spools of unusual colors go for $5+ each, for 70+ year old thread but it it true. Don't throw anything away. Do a little research, if in doubt, ask. Even slightly dinged or scruffy stuff can be sold.

Smile

That bulk lister will be the Item I'll use when I get going I will be putting on 7,000 or 8,000 ads from new to vintage. From cars to milk ads to absulute vodka ads. Articles on old sport stars like Steve Prefontaine to the babe. To war articles to kitchen articles. Also my favorite how to plans like mini bike plans to boats to you name it. I love the idea commn here without all the fees I can take my time and list the way I like. So If everyond don't mind I will be asking everyone here for info. Not dumb Questions I have 4 accounts on fee-bay I'm closing three over 20,000 feed back. Been there selling since 97 started buying in 96 there. So thanks Leo
    Might I suggest something else? I think your lighter items are perfect for offering both a shipping discount and a monthly sale that discounts the items themselves only if they buy more. ebid buyers like to buy multiples if the deal is good.

I offer free shipping and the monthly sale ONLY to second or third items. i.e. first is no discount, 2nd is shipped free, with a 25% discount, 3rd is shipping discounted a small amount but item itself is discounted 30%, etc..

More people will buy at least two if your prices are in line. You lose very little on shipping mailing 2 instead of one in envelope, because your items are so light, it is only a little more postage to throw 2 or 3 in an envelope. Heck what is losing 50 or 75 cents when you sold 3 items instead of one?

You can change the monthly sale via your banner ("notices"). I started this 25% 30% sale in November and run it every month since because it works so well. I also offer 2nd items ship free here, on feebay and on my website. Sells a lot of 2nd items.

Try it on a limited basis as a opening your store sale and see if it generates traffic and business.

Forum Newbie
    All-About adman55
    View adman55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile shipping

Hi I have noticed though that shipping is not bad for most part. Some though are a tad steep will they dicare with that. I'm hoping that this place will be somewhat rule free as far as the selling here. Not like fee-bay they for got that they are a venue for us sellers. I'm getting everything ready have over a 1,000 aviation timetables to put on. It will be this Friday I will sign up to sell my payday. I have been going to the car dealerships in the area. Been buying their old Brochures for their cars last 2 years pay $.05 each amazing how many I sold in a antique and collectable mall here locally. The ford place would even send their customers here. When they run out of their first shipment. Thats it so when they sell their 1 or 2 year old used trade ins people want brochures they come here. So i'm ready 1st store magazines books and ads, 2nd will be my aviation items. 3rd will be car brochures and parts. 4th and 5th will be my wifes? So next weekend will be busy any pointers before about listing here could be great or anything else. Thanks Leo

Thread Information