Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: beta wysiwyg editor

Quote Originally Posted by summerdreams View Post
    I'm not sure if my problem falls exactly into the same thread as your Kim, but since it has to do with the description editor...I figured it might as well go here. lol
    The last 2 days I've noticed that when I got to my default to change the editor description, I'd have to keep clicking several times before the changes take place. For example: I usually have mine set on WYSIWYG advanced and when I go to change it to plain html, once the saved button is pushed it bounces back to the WYSIWYG advanced. So I have to sit there and redo it, and redo it, and redo it, and redo ...takes about 4 or 5 times of hitting the save button for the change to take place. Oh and the WYSIWYG beta doesn't work at all for me. Last time I tried that about 10 times it just kept bouncing me to WYSIWYG simple.
    The set general defaults section seems to be playing silly devils lately, this seems to have gotten worse since the addition of the extra editor.
    Just scroll down to the next section & change it there, as that seems to make a general change now.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    The set general defaults section seems to be playing silly devils lately, this seems to have gotten worse since the addition of the extra editor.
    Just scroll down to the next section & change it there, as that seems to make a general change now.
    Ok thank you Gothicina. I'll try that. I was about ready to pull out my hair and I really don't want to do that! lol

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I had the same problem, solved the same way, and I did mention it in the original thread where the beta was announced, but I think it's very worth mentioning it here, ta!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Beta editor not showing at all on the "about me" management page, so raw html and an error message is produced.

I got,
    Error The TEXTAREA with an id or name set to description was not found.
    BTW the problem with the Set General Defaults area of my defaults is that the Value of the Simple WYSIWYG & the New Beta WYSIWYG are both set to S
    Code:
    <TR>
         <TD><span class="blackmedium"><B>Description Editor Style</B></span></TD>
         <TD><span class="blacksmall"><INPUT NAME="noeditor" TYPE=radio VALUE="Y"  > Plain HTML Box</span></td>
         <TD><span class="blacksmall"><INPUT NAME="noeditor" TYPE=radio VALUE="S"  > WYSIWYG simple</span></TD>
         <TD><span class="blacksmall"><INPUT NAME="noeditor" TYPE=radio VALUE="N" CHECKED > WYSIWYG advanced</span></TD>
         <TD><span class="blacksmall"><INPUT NAME="noeditor" TYPE=radio VALUE="S"  > WYSIWYG(beta)</span></TD>
    Last edited by Gothicina; 18th February 2009 at 02:49 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Please help gazza!

Hi again from Oz,
    Around Christmas I couldn't access the WYSIWYG editors at all. I followed your suggestions and used Firefox. Then the problem was fixed, and it worked with Int.Ex. but now it isn't working again.
    As less than 20% of internet users have Firefox, I think the problem needs sorting again. It could put off new users.
    Thanks,
    Diane.

I'm also having problems with the Advanced WYSIWYG editor - in both trying to list from scratch and re-listing/amending.

Paste in my html script as I usually do, and the editor is re-arranging everything - moving paragraphs around, etc.

This is driving me nuts.

Is it because of the time of day I'm trying to list, as it does seem worse the later in the evening it gets.

Tried again this morning - still can't get it to work. My html is being messed up all over the place.

None too happy as I've loads of stuff to list in my Charity Store - and I can't do it

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Annie, have you tried using the beta version? You say the advanced wysiwyg isn't good for you, so why not give the beta a try since it's likley to take over at some point and the more test results they get first, the better.

I was just conming round to that viewpoint on re-reading the thread

I also remembered from previous posts that re-listing/amending in Firefox tends to work OK, so have been experimenting with that as well - and got some new listings up

Off to play - again!

Thread Information