My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powersellersunite site showing 0 activity on ebid

well, I just checked the site now and eBid is up... YEAH!

eBid view charts
    1.47%
    February 14, 2009 4:08 pmJust want to add that I had some recent sales... and current bids... so I am HAPPY...

Leslie

With the post prices going up soon a lot of people are redoing their listings and not adding to listings

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Well, personally i can understand why the numbers aren't changing. I signed up and paid my 49 bucks at the beginning of jan. At one point i had 50 different items listed. So far i have not had one sale!! I have purchsed three items. Two of the transactions went very smoothly. The third was a nightmare. I bought from someone that opened an account-listed a quantity auction and never came back. I think this is happening with several sellers. The sellers are here but like many other newer auction sites-the buyers are still on e-bay! Sad but i think very true.

Quote Originally Posted by rodbusterscubadog View Post
    Well, personally i can understand why the numbers aren't changing. I signed up and paid my 49 bucks at the beginning of jan. At one point i had 50 different items listed. So far i have not had one sale!! I have purchsed three items. Two of the transactions went very smoothly. The third was a nightmare. I bought from someone that opened an account-listed a quantity auction and never came back. I think this is happening with several sellers. The sellers are here but like many other newer auction sites-the buyers are still on e-bay! Sad but i think very true.
    Have you emailed your old buyers with a link to your store to let them know where you have gone? Did you let them know your prices are lower here because the fees are lower for you here?

You might want to add a signature to your forum postings so it's easier for forum readers to get to your auctions.

Are you running your items for at least 7 days with a repost of 10 times so google will pick them up?

Hope these suggestions help with your sales.

I added 50 new auctions today... I hope to add even more tomorrow...
    I had good buyers overall, I did get a few bad apples (dead beat bidders) that I black balled and gave negative feedback, marked as non-paying bidder...etc
    I try to offer good book bargains, I advertise on my website and provide links to my eBid stores, my car proudly displays the eBid sticker and I run auctions 9 days with auto repost 10 times...
    I spent time reading the forum posts and using all the good advices.
    I think positive and I believe eBid will grow grow grow...

Leslie

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am going to upset some people here....I do not know the answer to the problem about the numbers, But why do you want POWERSELLERS here ?...I would rather see half a dozen NORMAL sellers than one PS ....but I do know that ..... SOME ....and I repeat ..... SOME....Powersellers... should be avoided...so perhaps we do not want them here.....please be honest....think about it...how much problems have some of them caused....and yes...normal sellers have caused problems also....my argument is....
    POWERSELLERS will not solve any problems.....the only thing that will help...is WHEN THE SALES PICK UP .....Papa.

Papa, It's not that we do or don't want powersellers here. The PSU site is made up of not just powersellers but all kinds of sellers. And let's remember, sellers are buyers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rodbusterscubadog View Post
    Are you pushing yourself on social networking sites?

flickr
    Myspace
    Twitter

I know we don't have any listing fees here and very cheap FVF, but the trade off is that we need to do a bit of self-marketing, and to an extent general marketing for ebid.

Just a general point - this may not be true for everyone, but I have found that moneymaking activities online are a numbers game, in other words, you can't always get away with quality, you need quantity as well.

I find ebid hard work, but it pays off.
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

A response to Papa's post #16 with my thoughts on this matter…………

Both buyers and sellers will be attracted to a growing site that is developing critical mass but will not do that if they do not know what is going on. The PSU website is one of the main information portals about the auction sites and is visited regularly by both Powersellers and non Power Sellers alike. So seeing what is happening to eBid listings growth on the PSU site is a good way for them to know what is happening with the eBid story and to get them interested.

To keep eBid growing, I do believe that it would be helpful to get more operators of Power Sellers size on board. There is a sound commercial reason for this. At present sales here are not always at the level that can be achieved elsewhere on the internet. To grow the site so that eBid becomes a must visit buying destination with higher sales volumes needs sellers to invest time and effort into creating listings even though these might not generate sales and cash flow returns as quickly as elsewhere. As long as they can see the eBid site moving forward, the bigger Power Sellers are more likely than some small sellers to have the financial strength to be able to stand the impact of slow cash flow returns from their investment and to take the long term view. This would help eBid at its current stage of development to get the listings growth that will attract the customers and growe sales volumes.

I am sorry if you have experienced problems with Power Sellers elsewhere. However, here the eBid management deal promptly with problem members and if necessary close member accounts. So if we can get more Power Seller types to come on board, I am sure that if they did not come up to standard the eBid management team would take whatever actions might be appropriate.

Thank you.

Thread Information