eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How is everyone going with gems and jewellery sales?

Smile How is everyone going with gems and jewellery sales?

Hi,
    I've sold here before, and wandered over to see how sales are going here. It is the same here as everywhere else at the min? Dead?

I'm thinking about coming back to sell, and just wondering how peeps in this section are finding sales. Any comments appreciated, thanks

Forum Lurker
    View 1840clb's Feedback (+1)
    All-About 1840clb
    View 1840clb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had some jewelry listed here but moved them to some where else because nothing was happening here. It is selling on the other site very well. I think until something is done with the Fine Jewelry category that it is going to stay dead, it need to be revamped to separate the different kinds of jewelry instead of throwing it all together, it would make searches easier for buyers.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,

My jewellery sales have slowed down a bit but my bead sales have increased. I haven't had any buyers tell me that they find it difficult to locate what they're looking for - most people are competent enough to filter search results.

I'd say, list away - it's not going to cost you anything unless something sells and it certainly won't sell if it's not listed.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Sales have been slow since Christmas in all my outlets on and offline although I have had 5 commissions from existing customers.It takes time and dilligence to create a customer base no matter what the outlet .I have to admit I haven't put much energy into here of late and am sure if I make the effort and list more I will get the rewards in terms of sales. Regarding the catergory scenario I agree with CMjewels - if I am looking to buy I search and find it - or find that none are stocked on here..which only adds to the argument for sellers to get listing
    "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart" - Helen Keller
    My Store

Forum Lurker
    View JoPhangan's Feedback (+8)
    All-About JoPhangan
    View JoPhangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

well i have only sold one necklace in the past couple of months although it was the highest priced item in my shop i was offering free uk p&p but still only one sale

i have a website and items listed on folksy also but nothing selling i've sold more offline then i have here but i keep trying hopefully i will be able to list a lot more next week as i dont think you can list too much more chance of selling if i have loads on i hope

Although I went to an auction last night and things (coins, jewelry, glass, etc) were selling like hotcakes. On line, we probably need to try different strategies when bidding is down; vary what we sell, sell in many price category, cater to multiple purchases, give shipping discounts etc.

From looking at that auction last night, I think the stuff all of us sell is going to pick up soon.

I've got a few necklaces and bracelets listed. So far no sales.

I agree the fine jewellry catergory needs to be overhauled... I found it really difficult to find a suitable catergory for my items

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    My sales here are slow, but fairly regularly I sell expensive items. It is well worth listing here, as our auctions are picked up well in google and yahoo searches!
    If you have any 3 or 4mm gemstone tube or heishe beads to list, I would be glad to buy some from you!
    .......By the way, did you ever get that divorce ;-) ?????
    Diane.

Forum Lurker
    View sovereignman's Feedback (+16)
    All-About sovereignman
    View sovereignman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1840clb View Post
    I had some jewelry listed here but moved them to some where else because nothing was happening here. It is selling on the other site very well. I think until something is done with the Fine Jewelry category that it is going to stay dead, it need to be revamped to separate the different kinds of jewelry instead of throwing it all together, it would make searches easier for buyers.
    I agree The categories are very thin on e bid. Management doesn't seem to grasp this, but maybe they are waiting for some unknown reason? i would seem that if they did, it would have been fixed years ago, so I'm not holding my breath on fixing the categories. I am selling a bit, but almost taking a loss on the items.
    Last edited by sovereignman; 19th December 2009 at 05:15 AM.

Forum Newbie
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View Orangeorchid's Feedback (+167)
    All-About Orangeorchid
    View Orangeorchid's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Hallmarked items

I have been trying to sell Good! rings on here, all hallmarked and with authenticity as Ebay fees are very expensive. However, am sad that there are not a lot of people on this site especially when everything is free. I believe that is why I am having no success. All our proceeds go to our Missionary work and it is hard when Ebay charge as much as they do at times.
    I would like Ebid to promote this site more in newspapers tv etc, I feel I have played my part by sending the link to everyone I know.
    Apart from this I really do like this site so much, a community, friendly, easy to use.
    Warm wishes to everyone on here

Thread Information