eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How is everyone going with gems and jewellery sales?

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Malo Treasure33,
    Things can be very slow sometimes on any site. The great thing about being a seller+ on eBid is you can list as much as you want , WITH pics, for Free if you want. Everything will be picked up in google searches, often on the first page, which many people pay heaps for !!!
    The thing with eBid, is you have to attract your buyers from other sites here. Email all your customers, link to your stores and auctions from you emails and blogs, and social sites. Work at it a little every day, and think of all the auction fees you will save.
    Ebid provides a golden opportunity, if you use it the right way.
    Best Wishes,
    Diane.

Forum Newbie
    View girlesque's Feedback (+11)
    All-About girlesque
    View girlesque's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How is everyone going with gems and jewellery sales?

hi

i am quite new to ebid and at first i was really excited to find an alternative to ebay, i was so tired of paying them for everything and to paypal too so listed away.. iv sold nothing.. not one item, so have been a bit disheartened. i sell good quality costume jewellery so its difficult to cut prices for me. i think this is a brilliant site with ease of listing and no rip off fees but i click on others listings and there just dont seem to be the amount of buyers out there. everyone has heard of ebay and so thats why it works, id never heard of ebid until the day i decided to join and give it a go.

has anyone got any other suggestions and sites i could try without too much outlay? i am starting offline selling soon too which i hope will be good.

tracy

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

You have some nice things, but no details about them..............size, materials, etc. I see you haven't asked any questions on the forums, put a link on your posts to your store, or chatted on the forum so we could get to know you.Your about me page is saying how you can't figure things out...........so would not instill confidence. Ask how to do something if you can't find the info. It's all available on threads.......and by asking. Wishing you success here there and everywhere!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    You have some nice things, but no details about them..............size, materials, etc. I see you haven't asked any questions on the forums, put a link on your posts to your store, or chatted on the forum so we could get to know you.Your about me page is saying how you can't figure things out...........so would not instill confidence. Ask how to do something if you can't find the info. It's all available on threads.......and by asking. Wishing you success here there and everywhere!
    Agree with HM, you might want to edit your About Me page (maybe add some info. about you, your interests and your selling experiences) and participate in the forums a bit, so folks can get to know you. You can also plug your items in the Plug Your Auctions section of the forum. Some sellers also contact former customers to let them know they're seling here and some also use social networking sites, as Facebook and Twitter, to promote their items.

Good luck and best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    All-About girlesque
    Forum Posts

thanks for the input... i guess i am not used to selling myself which i will have to get used to and to explaining more about my items etc . how do i put a link onto here for store and i havent even found the plug your auctions page. i can see that the forums on here are invaluable and i look forward to becomming part of it all ... thanks for your help

Forum Newbie
    View lusylou08's Feedback (+219)
    All-About lusylou08
    View lusylou08's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by girlesque View Post
    thanks for the input... i guess i am not used to selling myself which i will have to get used to and to explaining more about my items etc . how do i put a link onto here for store and i havent even found the plug your auctions page. i can see that the forums on here are invaluable and i look forward to becomming part of it all ... thanks for your help
    eBid Knowledge Base - tips, tricks, tutorials and general help for eBid users. This site was a great help to me with instructions on how to do almost anything! Good luck to you. I am new at ebid selling and see we need to get the word out to buyers we are here! Good luck to you!

Forum Newbie
    All-About girlesque
    Forum Posts

thankyou for that i have saved that to favorites much appreciated i tried to plug my auction but i dont think i did it very well couldnt see how to link it to my shop doh

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

My sales are increasing and I am very excited about that. I still have listings on Ebay but most of my listings are here. I have a lot of buyers on Ebay and I do email them as well as all the buyers I have had over the last 10 years plus all the sellers I have purchased from and the ones my friend has purchased from.

Forum Newbie
    View lusylou08's Feedback (+219)
    All-About lusylou08
    View lusylou08's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by girlesque View Post
    thankyou for that i have saved that to favorites much appreciated i tried to plug my auction but i dont think i did it very well couldnt see how to link it to my shop doh
    Go to your settings above and there is a place to set up a "signature" ..that is how I get mine on here. The link I sent does have instruction how to add link etc, when you have time to kick back and read it all that is what I did..start from the top and figure out how to do one thing at a time. Still learning!

Thread Information