eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Americanize the US eBid site

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    OMG - be careful what you ask for!

My baby store has been moved out of 'baby stuff' and is now in 'clothes and accessories>toddlers - which it is absolutely NOT!! ( and so have the other 22 baby stores as well) - now getting no exposure in among hundreds of kids clothing stores!

How can that be justified??? ( very fed up now)
    I'm sorry, maybe you can email support or ask Gazza to fix your store back to how you want it. I see not reason to get rid of "baby stuff". Was that a specific category?

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Not that it affects me either way, as I don't sell such stuff, but if you enter infant clothing into Google it seems that many do use the term. Most usually in the form Infant and Toddler Clothing.
    Maybe it's a more American term? We use "infant" for baby clothes 24 months and under. Over 24 months we have size 2T, 3T, 4T (for toddlers, and it is a size, not age), then it goes to 4, 5, 6, 6X, etc. (I think the toddler clothing may be bigger in the diaper area).

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    I don't know where you got all that from, but the original posting was a request to have the USA site showing American sizes; apparently British garments are done by age for children whereas American ones have a size number. That to me is a very logical thing to do.
    Thank you. I hope my post #50 didn't get out of hand. I have had a bad weekend as our barn burned to the ground and nearly caught the house on fire, and when I read that post I was a little angry.

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    of course I do know that Astral - but would the masses who use the searches put babies, or infants, to look for babyclothes?

After all we don't (colloquially) say 'infantclothes' do we?
    Maybe this is another instance of UK/US differences. I expect to find products for babies under "infants". I think over here, for the most part, manufacturers use formal names in their categories. Clothes for teenagers are advertised as "Junior" sizes, not "teens" or "teenagers". Clothing for mature ladies are listed under "Women".

I don't know what the solution is, if they are usually referred to differently in the UK.

Thread Information