Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Americanize the US eBid site

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are clothing size conversion tables around - such as: http://www.i18nguy.com/clothing.html

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't profess to be an expert on such matters but I would have thought the term 'knickers' was slightly archaic even here.
    Oh yes, quite archaic. Thing is, I just finished reading "The History of Underclothes" which regards those garments from the medieval period to 1939 in your country, and I haven't updated my brain yet.
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I don't profess to be an expert on such matters but I would have thought the term 'knickers' was slightly archaic even here.

Are the size subcategories even needed? Why not just 'Panties' and the size can go in the title. Ditto for all clothing.
    I would like to know if we go with no sizes, just put them in the title, then is it possible at this time (before any sizes are removed from childrens clothing categories) to list in the childrens clothing category without selecting a size? Or is it required to select a size when listing? Because if it is, then we have to guess what age our US size is.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    There are clothing size conversion tables around - such as: http://www.i18nguy.com/clothing.html
    I think the simplest fix would be to categorize clothing like the shoe sizes are categorized: [UK 5 (Eu 38 US 8)].
    Simply add [Age 8-9 (US 7-8)] to the size categories already in existance. I had to search the web to find this actual conversion, but every US seller and buyer shouldn't have to search to find a conversion. There have been threads on this subject before. It is definately an improvement needed for US sellers and buyers, because the ages make no sense to us.

And we need a category added for Junior size clothing.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Checks are fine with me

Cheques take a long time to clear and may incur a currency conversion fee

They do not belong lumped together as one choice

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    Checks are fine with me

Cheques take a long time to clear and may incur a currency conversion fee

They do not belong lumped together as one choice
    I see what you mean. We should have the choice to accept checks from US banks, without having to accept cheques from non US banks, as payment for sales.

Goodness! - I never realised that kids clothes were so COMPLICATED in USA!!

Over here, they usually go by age until about 11, then by chest size, or some things by height.

I find that a 'dual approach' is best when listing - label size first, then actual chest or leg measurement.

However, that only helps BUYERS if they are used to that - a US buyer wouldn't find anything.

(Wonders if US buyers use UK feebay, and how they get along on there?)
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Newbie
    View candyk's Feedback (+16)
    All-About candyk
    View candyk's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Need to encourage US buyers

New to this site, but already have noted the need to Americanize many of the sub categories - I wrote to one of the threads regarding Vinyl/7" Records - there is no sub category for Early Rock and Roll or Latin - although in the UK this may mean nothing - in the US - buyers of 45 RPM records are very aware of the difference between Rock and Roll (which could include everything ever produced on 45's) and early rock and roll which would be artists like Danny and the juniors - having to browse through 52,000 titles would be daunting to find the groups who pioneered rock and roll. Also as I am writing on this thread, all of the auctions running alongside are from the UK - might turn some US people off thinking this is a European site. If you want US sellers and buyers - which I think you do - changes should be made quickly to not only encourage US buyers, but to have them come back.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

The forums are on the UK site so the listings on the side are all UK. If you go to the US site our listings show there.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Are the size subcategories even needed? Why not just 'Panties' and the size can go in the title. Ditto for all clothing.
    I totally agree!! Eeeeeegads! If they were to subcategorize all that a buyer would get dizzy just trying to plow through it all!!

And yes....knickers are called underwear here in US!

Thread Information