My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: # of Views.......

I've been tracking the views counters for all my 135 auctions regularly and sending the auction numbers to support@ebid.net when they decrease. I would recommend that as many of us do this too, so that they can see it is a big problem.

I can send you an OpenOffice.org spreadsheet that highlights decreases, if you want.

I think it is something to do with the auto-relist processing, as it only seems to happen within 24 hours of a relist, but you may be able to prove otherwise! eBid are looking into it, but.....

.......hollandnumerics

Angry

Gazza,

I've stopped sending reports of decreasing views counts to support@ebid.net, as it was becoming a daily chore. If eBid want the data I've collected, then please ask and I'll pass it on (in an OOo Calc file).

However, today, to highlight the problem, a group of my auto-relisting auctions ended after 55 days, and the views counts ranged from 6 (about 0.1 views/day) to 683 (about 12.2 views/day). Before Oct 2008 I was seeing an average of around 2.0 views/day (with nothing above 6 views/day), instead of around 0.3 views/day now!

I've said before that I think it is related to the auto-relisting process, and eBid have told me they are looking into it, but this has been getting worse for nearly 5 months!

........hollandnumerics

This is why I wish if ebid insists on making counters mandatory, that the counters only be seen by the seller. Low view counts don't help the site when trying to entice new sellers here, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by hollandnumerics View Post
    ... What is more worrying is that the counts can now go down , as well as up!
    Same's true of house prices!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

This maybe a daft question, but have you guys ticked the option box to relist the auctions with the current view information? If you don't do this they will re-set to 0 each time.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    This maybe a daft question, but have you guys ticked the option box to relist the auctions with the current view information? If you don't do this they will re-set to 0 each time.
    Yes, I have mine set that way, but they still go up and down. So now I don't pay any attention to them.

Unhappy

Yes, I've made sure the counts are retained on auto-relisting. The zero-ing was brought in a while ago as the default , and I was one of many who strongly encouraged Gazza to at least retain an option to not zero them!

I wouldn't have seen 683 views on any auction of without that!

............hollandnumerics

"Views" just don't work at all and eBid has ignored threads and messages
    to fix this problem. I hope that eBid is not turning into another Greedbay.

Now, now. Ebid is nothing like the dark side. I'm sure they'll fix the problem eventually.

The problem with the "View" counters is not caused by relisting alone.

The problem exists on new auction items also. It doesn't matter whether
    your auction item is relisted or a new item. The counters just don't
    operate correctly in any scenario.

Thread Information