eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Too good to be true? Best avoid!

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    My question and his answer are no longer showing, I didn't know it was possible to remove them from the auctions.
    I think that happens when a user puts another user on their Blackball list and also clicks.. delete q&a.

View TruantCoins's Feedback (+760)
    All-About TruantCoins
    View TruantCoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Do NOT fall for obvious rip-offs. Why does Greed sway folk.. geesh, just walk away, never to return to such a seller. I do it most most most of the time.. wearing out my shoes.
    And it's not just online that these scammers thrive, though they have more anonymity here.

A coin shop close to me doesn't act illegally, but certainly unfairly in their pricing, especially when people bring coins in to sell to the owner. He will take advantage of these people, and since they have no knowledge of the coins they must rely on him.

I have been in the shop and heard him offer about 50% of the melt price for a set of over 50 St Gaudens double eagles. I know he won't have a problem selling them for a huge profit. Offering a low price on an item that would take a long time to sell or in bad condition is OK, but for something that will fly out the door it is just unfair.

Here ends my Rant!

View TruantCoins's Feedback (+760)
    All-About TruantCoins
    View TruantCoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

If ANY of you sent these guys money, don't just pursue getting your money back, contact their local police. This is an interstate fraud and will be a Federal offense.

I contacted the Dickson County Sheriff in TN and they were working actively to catch this guy that has gone from auction site to auction site doing his scam.

I am VERY disappointed that eBid only temporarily banned this seller, and only after two buyers lost hundreds of dollars did they ban him for good. I warned them weeks before and they did nothing.

Thread Information