Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ebay failure and Ebid Traffic??

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you voted all the things you would like improved yet?
    If not, you can go here:

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=118124

when I first looked at ebid I nearly didn't join as I couldn't see a single seller who had any bids on their listings - I wonder how many prospective sellers think the same and go elsewhere. It was positive talk by others that made me give it a go, not the site itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ruth900 View Post
    when I first looked at ebid I nearly didn't join as I couldn't see a single seller who had any bids on their listings - I wonder how many prospective sellers think the same and go elsewhere. It was positive talk by others that made me give it a go, not the site itself.
    Quite a few I think Ruth judging by things I have read elsewhere.
    Just to prove a point I was delighted to wake up to four auction bids from Australia this morning so people are prepared to wait for auctions to end. Of course nobody new thinking of joining the site will realise that I've got some business from an Australian buyer while browsing the site because the bids can't be seen!

Forum Newbie
    View elsattic's Feedback (+6)
    All-About elsattic
    View elsattic's Listings
    Forum Posts

After plowing through 4 pgs. on this thread, I suddenly realized I almost never log in formally so I'm always listed as a visitor. I have 2 big concerns. First, I always check sold items on an auction site and it is discouraging to see how many red x marks there are in any category you choose to look at. Apparently this site is fairly well known in Europe, but here in the US it is just one more of dozens of alternative sites. I never heard of it before I decided to make the break from exxx and nobody I know has ever heard of it. Shouldn't eBid being doing some kind of advertising or promotions here in the colonies? I know we are supposed to spread the word ourselves, but it is not easy when people look at you blankly and think you misspoke when you say "eBid".

My stores are Els Attic; Els Old Tool Shed and Els Eclectic Books. Sorry I never have figured out how to link them to messages.

Forum Newbie
    View elsattic's Feedback (+6)
    All-About elsattic
    View elsattic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks, Kimbo. You are indeed a well of information for those of us struggling to mastering the intricacies of this site. This is a test to see if I got the signature thing right yet. Regards, El

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elsattic View Post
    Thanks, Kimbo. You are indeed a well of information for those of us struggling to mastering the intricacies of this site. This is a test to see if I got the signature thing right yet. Regards, El
    Seemed to work well enough to get me to your listings. I love the look of the veggie cookbook!

Thread Information