Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: What are your priorities for eBid changes? Select all that are *important* to you.

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • emails to be sent explaining why listings or threads are removed

81 49.69%
  • report listing feature needs a report seller option

38 23.31%
  • bulk marked as shipped

42 25.77%
  • bulk leave feedback

35 21.47%
  • bulk picture uploader

36 22.09%
  • bulk mark paid

30 18.40%
  • postcode-based searches

18 11.04%
  • new ninja bulk-uploader

33 20.25%
  • auction listings showing their bids when you browse the site

96 58.90%
  • site opened up to *buyers* from all countries worldwide

60 36.81%
  • more checks and control that items are listed in the right category

26 15.95%
  • get rid of flashing 'r's

72 44.17%
  • to be able to find out how many people are registered from each Country

14 8.59%
  • Translation for eBid countries that are not English speaking

44 26.99%
  • an invoice/packing slip printing option

69 42.33%
  • buyer or seller able to choose if they want a question displayed on listing when asked

70 42.94%
  • alterable invoices

70 42.94%
  • proper section for all eBid messages in 'my eBid'

48 29.45%
  • some proper advertising to get buyers in

96 58.90%
  • bulk edit on all or selected listings

83 50.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your priority for eBid improvements? POLL

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm sorry you were disappointed in the content of the poll - all you had to do was offer that option in advance. I merely drew together the suggestions, as I was asked to do. I understand that you're dejected at the moment, but frankly my life's not a bundle of laughs right now and accusations of xenophobia and complaints about how I've performed an entirely voluntary task at the request of other ebidders isn't really helpful to anybody, is it?

I do wish people would direct their complaints with a little more care.

Dear Gazza, suggestions for website improvements..

1. get rid of the signatures of posters on forums or at the very least only show one per page for every unique poster
    2. do away with the repetition on listing pages/my ebid. I don't think there's a need for My Account on the right while My Trading takes up space on the left, one under the other will be fine. On a listing, Meet the Seller and Auction Options can be on the same side to devote more space to the actual listing.
    3. colour. I don't like the beige wash applied to the background. Just a personal thing . I would never send a document in which I wanted to be taken seriously on beige notepaper ugh
    4. animated banner on listing page... i know this is how extra money is brought in but it makes the whole site look amateurish and is annoying

other than that the site is ok, need more buyers and not just buyers who are resellers

Quote Originally Posted by Anita24369 View Post

1. get rid of the signatures of posters on forums or at the very least only show one per page for every unique poster
    2. do away with the repetition on listing pages/my ebid. I don't think there's a need for My Account on the right while My Trading takes up space on the left, one under the other will be fine. On a listing, Meet the Seller and Auction Options can be on the same side to devote more space to the actual listing.
    3. colour. I don't like the beige wash applied to the background. Just a personal thing . I would never send a document in which I wanted to be taken seriously on beige notepaper ugh
    4. animated banner on listing page... i know this is how extra money is brought in but it makes the whole site look amateurish and is annoying

other than that the site is ok, need more buyers and not just buyers who are resellers
    ROFL - Take it you don't want any help to put your signature on to get more buyers then?!

Sorry couldn't resist!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Time For A Bump

~Jan~

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I'm sorry you were disappointed in the content of the poll - all you had to do was offer that option in advance. I merely drew together the suggestions, as I was asked to do. I understand that you're dejected at the moment, but frankly my life's not a bundle of laughs right now and accusations of xenophobia and complaints about how I've performed an entirely voluntary task at the request of other ebidders isn't really helpful to anybody, is it?

I do wish people would direct their complaints with a little more care.
    I learned long ago this is NOT a joke: "No good deed goes unpunished".

You are one of the most helpful, and patient, people on the forums. Please accept my thanks for all the help your posts have given me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anita24369 View Post

Please don't be offended, but want to offer my perspective on your requests . . .

1. The signatures on the posts are half the fun! I love snooping around in people's stores.

2. I think you want this changed to two columns? You're asking for a total redesign. Also, the three-column setup is pretty much standard, at least on the web sites I visit. What would be gained by this? Having these at the top of the page makes it easy for me to navigate without having to scroll down unnecessarily.

3. I can't find the "beige wash" background. I just zipped through all the pages, starting with eBid's home page, and everything has a white background. Where did you find this?

4. I think you're talking about the ad at the very top of the page. I just checked GreedBay, the River, and Pogo to make sure my memory is correct. They all have flashing ads. That's what the advertisers want, and I don't think eBid can afford to turn down ads or edit their content.

5. I buy much more than I sell online. We need more sellers here to get more buyers. eBid auctions do very well on Google, the biggest drawback is that there isn't enough variety yet to attract large numbers of new buyers.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I learned long ago this is NOT a joke: "No good deed goes unpunished".

You are one of the most helpful, and patient, people on the forums. Please accept my thanks for all the help your posts have given me.
    My sediments exactly. 3 cheers for Kimbo!

Kimbo, I too want to thank you for your assistance. You helped me when I first joined ebid and I am very grateful. And thanks for getting this poll posted.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

kimbo your one of the best! *Hugs*

~Jan~

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts