Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: What are your priorities for eBid changes? Select all that are *important* to you.

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • emails to be sent explaining why listings or threads are removed

81 49.69%
  • report listing feature needs a report seller option

38 23.31%
  • bulk marked as shipped

42 25.77%
  • bulk leave feedback

35 21.47%
  • bulk picture uploader

36 22.09%
  • bulk mark paid

30 18.40%
  • postcode-based searches

18 11.04%
  • new ninja bulk-uploader

33 20.25%
  • auction listings showing their bids when you browse the site

96 58.90%
  • site opened up to *buyers* from all countries worldwide

60 36.81%
  • more checks and control that items are listed in the right category

26 15.95%
  • get rid of flashing 'r's

72 44.17%
  • to be able to find out how many people are registered from each Country

14 8.59%
  • Translation for eBid countries that are not English speaking

44 26.99%
  • an invoice/packing slip printing option

69 42.33%
  • buyer or seller able to choose if they want a question displayed on listing when asked

70 42.94%
  • alterable invoices

70 42.94%
  • proper section for all eBid messages in 'my eBid'

48 29.45%
  • some proper advertising to get buyers in

96 58.90%
  • bulk edit on all or selected listings

83 50.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: What is your priority for eBid improvements? POLL

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Thought it might be interesting to review this and see how we've done. For those not involved (or here!) when this poll ran, may I mention a few key points:

I did not define the poll items, they were suggested by forum members and anything that was suggested by the deadline was included. If what would have been your favourite isn't in there, it's not my fault.

The poll was created with eBid's encouragement, they were interested to see what our priorities would be. They did not promise to act upon the results!

So, those little issues being cleared out of the way -- how have we done? Do you feel they're listening? Was it a worthwhile exercise?
    emails to be sent explaining why listings or threads are removed
    report listing feature needs a report seller option
    bulk marked as shipped
    bulk leave feedback
    bulk picture uploader

bulk mark paid
    postcode-based searches
    new ninja bulk-uploader
    auction listings showing their bids when you browse the site
    site opened up to *buyers* from all countries worldwide
    more checks and control that items are listed in the right category

get rid of flashing 'r's
    to be able to find out how many people are registered from each Country
    Translation for eBid countries that are not English speaking
    an invoice/packing slip printing option
    buyer or seller able to choose if they want a question displayed on listing when asked

alterable invoices
    proper section for all eBid messages in 'my eBid'
    some proper advertising to get buyers in
    bulk edit on all or selected listings

Blue = Still waiting,
    Pink = Done and works well (IMO)
    Green = Partially introduced and working
    Brown = Are you having a laugh
    Last edited by raindropsies; 21st November 2009 at 03:22 PM.

Why did you code this in pink Sarah ?
    They only show if in list mode or if you go into someones shop. I would have coded it green because who is going to be browsing the site in list mode ? Certainly not me !

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    They only show if in list mode or if you go into someones shop. I would have coded it green because who is going to be browsing the site in list mode ? Certainly not me !
    Sorry, as I normally view auctions from "within" a store I thought it was site wide now

Actually it should be blue since the original reads "auction listings showing their bids when you browse the site " which is not the case at all. I came here to sell by auction and this totally defeats the purpose. JMHO and before you start bashing me for saying it you might want to check my stores which are closed.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post

Actually it should be blue since the original reads "auction listings showing their bids when you browse the site " which is not the case at all. I came here to sell by auction and this totally defeats the purpose. JMHO and before you start bashing me for saying it you might want to check my stores which are closed.
    IMO as I browse the site from within the store I feel it's been implemented in part and also as the bids show from the list view for viewing anywhere then that IMO shows it has been implemented in part. Others may not share my opinion.
    Why would I start bashing you?

IMO as I browse the site from within the store I feel it's been implemented in part and also as the bids show from the list view for viewing anywhere then that IMO shows it has been implemented in part.
    Since the original purpose of getting the bids to show was related to generating interest and excitement in bidding on auctions found by SEARCHING for a specific item then what was done.....showing auctions with bids on the front page only or in individual stores, is NOT helpful at all to achieving the original goal. So IMHO you are giving credit where credit is not due. Your comparing apples and oranges. They did it and reversed it in a very short time without giving it a chance to show results . When they reversed it they simply didn't bother to remove it totally.

Since the original purpose of getting the bids to show was related to generating interest and excitement in bidding on auctions found by SEARCHING for a specific item then what was done.....showing auctions with bids on the front page only or in individual stores, is NOT helpful at all to achieving the original goal. So IMHO you are giving credit where credit is not due. Your comparing apples and oranges. They did it and reversed it in a very short time without giving it a chance to show results . When they reversed it they simply didn't bother to remove it totally.
    Like I said, I have an opinion, you have an opinion. It's just that we don't agree with each other's opinion

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Like I said, I have an opinion, you have an opinion. It's just that we don't agree with each other's opinion
    The possibility for different users to have different opinions, and therefore different priorities, was one of the reasons we had a poll in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    The possibility for different users to have different opinions, and therefore different priorities, was one of the reasons we had a poll in the first place.

Of course. These were suggestions NOT demands. Some happened, some didn't, some may take time. That is life. ebid knows what we think, even that could change as time goes by and priorities change.

No need for anger when these subjects come up. Again, we can't make demands because we do not work for ebid and we do not own ebid either. So being angry and picking up our marbles and going home is not appropriate when things don't go our way. Nice ebid takes our suggestions, they don't have to. No other auction site takes suggestions from members.

Lol, well I won't be bashing you as I want the bids showing again as much as you do !

Thread Information