My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: laptop touch pads

Question laptop touch pads

My laptop touch pad has developed a mind of its own and is working intermittently. Ive gathered that it works great if I use the outside edges of the rectangular pad, but not so great in the middle, very shiny bit.

Before I give it the flash spray treatment, is this genuinely worn and I have to sort a new one out, or is it just telling me its dirty?

Are you sure you're not popping in and using mine when I'm not looking?

Mine has started doing the exact same thing over this past week. I thought it might just be some crud underneath it and was thinking about taking it apart and possibly cleaning it. Changing sensitivity settings have no effect.

and theres me thinking youve found a solution!

Maybe its hinting it wants a big pressie for Christmas

I used to have a problem with cursor jump - Id be typing away and the cursor would move and my words would end up mingled in a completely different sentence, but this is just full on non-responsive

Maybe it will get the flash treatment after all - it cant hurt can it? LOL

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you want to know more about how they work, this is quite good: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchpad It seems to me that you'd need quite a build-up of grease to stop it working (cut the chips habit? ) I do occasionally give mine a swipe with nail varnish remover (just happens to be the only solvent I have readily available! ) so maybe try something like that?

Thanks Kimbo, Ill try the acetone and see if it makes a difference.

I was reading that it could be due to a corrupt driver and I know that windows has done a few updates of recent so it could be that - especially as another user has had the same prob at a similar time to me.

My laptop is far past backing up, so it might be time for a system restore in time for the new year anyway.

I will try cleaning the pad as an extra measure though, but thanks for the wiki

Forum Newbie
    View systemservices's Feedback (+6)
    All-About systemservices
    View systemservices's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning we can help you with this part or problem please email us directly with exact problem your experinecing or parts you require and we can list on the site with a buy now for you or help with the repair

Thread Information