My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What category?

Dave I love your stuff it's georgeous. I hope you do well with it - I am considering coming back to sell in the New Year - I work with semi precious stones and predominantly Sterling Silver but more of a stringer than a hammerer.
    "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart" - Helen Keller
    My Store

Thankyou Kiamyka,
    I hope you come back I have a feeling that eBid is going to do well next year, I think its time has come and it would be a pity for you too miss it.
    Beautiful hand made wire sculpted jewellery.

wire jewellery making supplies

Quote Originally Posted by pony9a View Post
    1840clb
    I have just read the other debate in the suggestions about fine jewellery and I just want to say it is better I think that I just keep myself and my jewellery in the artisan section, too much nastiness flying around for my liking. I dont want to upset anyone.
    Thanks for your interest in my initial enquiry....
    Please don't avoid a thread because of statements made in some of the posts. If someone feels passonate about an issue, his or her opinions may be stated a bit strongly. I joined the discussion because, even though I don't sell new jewelry, I sometimes buy it. I do agree the current categories make it difficult to browse, there's too much of a mixture.

I think Opis gathered together all the comments and came up with a good suggested list. More input can only be helpful. After looking at your beautiful items, I think your opinion would be valuable because it's another viewpoint.

Hi Tias,
    Yes I have thought about it over the xmas period and if I find I have something to say that could help then I will.
    I am continuing to watch the debate in the other thread.
    Beautiful hand made wire sculpted jewellery.

wire jewellery making supplies

Quote Originally Posted by JoPhangan View Post
    14kt Gold Filled is hypo-allergenic. It does not seem to have an adverse reaction on sensitive skin, as all that touches the skin is the 14kt Gold surface

Not true for everyone. I am allergic to real gold. The only metals I can always wear are sterling silver and platinum. Some costume jewelry is also OK, but I don't know until I've worn it against my skin. Copper and real gold, never, never, never, I'll have a rash in about half an hour. I've learned the hard way that dermititus is a very individual thing, and every sufferer has to learn what to avoid. So "hypo-allergenic" means the people who are allergic to base metals can wear it.

Question Need help please.

First off hi to all sorry that I haven't been around much trying to get things uploaded to store. I have read your posts and I'm still stumped is there some article on here or guidelines that we can use for listing our jewelry?? If so will some one please send me the link. I would very much appreciate it. I would hate to list something in the wrong category. Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to ebid. As you noticed, the group is always willing to help but can get a bit rowdy. Never mind. We all want you to succeed on ebid because then we all succeed!

Jewelry and jewelry categories are ongoing issues. Not only is the jewelry category packed with stuff (makes searching hard), mixing the good stuff with the ok stuff is also a hot debate. Add that the US and UK terms use different terms for categorizing jewelry and you have a category that will probably be changed when people agree on what to change!!! This may take a while.

But for the present, listing your wire wrapped in artisian is a good idea. The category has less in it so your items will get noticed.

I would also suggest adding a second category to increase the hits you get. Best 5 cents you will spend to get more lookers. Since beading is so hot in the US right now, I would suggest you select a second category in the crafts/beading area. We have all been beading for some time but many are getting tired of the same old findings, pendants etc, offered by manufacturers. I think there would be a ready market for your upscale wire wrapped pendants especially since they are light weight and easily shipped to US. Those selling their jewelry always want some unusual one of a kind things to set their work apart and your pendants fit the bill.

Good luck on ebid!!

Thread Information