eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm still having to sell on the other side.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I'm still having to sell on the other side.

It's funny, but I have been listing a few Nintendo DS consoles here on Ebid, and listign one over ont he other site at a hugely inflated price.
    £95 here - £115 over on the dark side.

I have linked to my blog, and explained there that I can sell for much cheaper here, due to the commision charges. However, they still keep on selling over there.

I was even asked a question by a customer, and asked him to read my blog before making a descision. He read the blog, checked out the exact same item on Ebid, and still requested that I relist on Ebay so that he could pay the higher price!

Please explain that one to me???? - I'm the same person, he will get the same product, sent out by the same courier. The only difference I can see is that he ends up paying £20 more!

I will of course continue to list here, because eventually, the buying public will come around, and I still feel that my lifetime joining fee was well invested - But it is going to take a little more work to sway public opinion.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

People are strange!! At least I persuaded someone to buy from here after they asked me to relist over there. Not cheaper, actually 6p more as it was a BIN,.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Rightly or wrongly, buyers have an element of trust in feebay and paypal that they will protect them if anything goes wrong. They don't know ebid, and have no such faith here. I know people who won't buy from particular sites for far less trivial reasons than "never heard of them!"

This, I think is where the feedback thing becomes important and why us eBiders need to stick at it with a view to the long term.
    Once gained. feedback, I think, will greatly increase a buyers confidence in not just the seller but also the venue on which they are selling.
    Its going to take time and patience.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Patience I have and I think I have time

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree that the feedback thing will help to some extent, but it's also important to get the name itself known. People have a touching faith in brand names they know. It's part of why it's good for us to get the ebid brand out there - not just to draw in more potential users, but to breed familiarity with the name (which in this case does not breed contempt. ))

Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View WorleGirl's Feedback (+929)
    All-About WorleGirl
    View WorleGirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I agree that the feedback thing will help to some extent, but it's also important to get the name itself known. People have a touching faith in brand names they know. It's part of why it's good for us to get the ebid brand out there - not just to draw in more potential users, but to breed familiarity with the name (which in this case does not breed contempt. ))

I'm also guessing that people need to trust eBid. If you've never heard of the site (regardless of feedback), are you going to trust a payment transaction going through it? What policies do eBid have in place for gone-wrong transactions? And if they have, it's not in your face enough (like the other side).
    Having the 2 million auction was a nice incentive. How about incentives for buyers now?
    Sorry, it's digressing off the original subject somewhat!
    Craft Clearout
    (Most new, some hardly used)

Handmade by Jenny
    (my hobby results in lovingly handmade items that need a new home!)

Music

Hello. I will agree the farside is much better for game sales. There does not seem to be many game buyers on this site as of yet. Feebay is a household name and ebid is still relatively unknown or people do not want to setup another account after feebay.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Trouble is, not sure if this applies to the USA or anywhere else, but I know that for the UK, PayPal, as it is an eBay company, only fully protects transactions via GreedBay. They interviewed this guy in charge from PayPal/GreedBay on the news and he even admitted transactions outside of Greedbay do not get any protection anywhere near that of on Greedbay. I'm sorry, but if you're going to offer a third party service for online transactions, then you must offer every site the same level of protection, but PayPal will obviously give more benefits to people who shop on GreedBay and want as many people shopping on GreedBay so they benefit from both PayPal fee and FVF's - all goes in the same pocket of the same company at the end of the day. I find it disturbing for the guy to admit on the news that PayPal does not offer protection to buyers who shop outside of GreedBay, that's just disgraceful and makes buyers think, I'll be better off buying on Greedbay even if I am ripped off on price of the item! And no doubt, when PayPal dies start offering the same level of protection for other auction sites, no doubt we'll see a rise in fees to pay for it on top. And most buyers know that the payment protection they are always advertising only applies to the buyer if they buy on Greedbay!

So for me, if some buyer wants to pay between £8.99-£18.00 for a General Grievous Legacy Collection figure on Greedbay instead of buying it from me for £7.49 on eBid (Toys R Us £7.82 so I'm cheaper than a leading Toy Store!!) just for the PayPal protection they get shopping on Greedbay, then I think they need to go see a shrink!

I just do not understand a buyer paying more for something when they can clearly get it cheaper elsewhere! Same product, just cheaper! It's not rocket science, if you have a brain, you shop where the product is cheapest!

And it is up to the sellers to help build eBid's reputation, do their own advertising to promote their stores on eBid, and help build confidence in eBid.

I can understand people not wanting to set up loads of accounts on however many websites, but then I think, well, I've signed up to like 20+ websites like Boots, PC World, Argos, Tesco, Toys R Us, Woolworths (until it shut down), Littlewoods, Great Universal etc, so, one more website isn't going to make any difference is it really, especially if you can get the item cheaper. The mind does boggle when it comes to how some buyers think lol! That buyer could have saved himself £20 buying from you on here rather than on GreedBay! £20 that could have gone toward something else lol!
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

well my son knows I do wholesale, and still took himself off to Argos, G4, Games Workshop etc and bought his Christmas pressies.
    I told him he could have easy saved by getting it from me, or indeed from fellow eBidders, but his response was "hey well its done now".
    Christmas Eve he asked for a money sorter because he wanted it for Christmas Day, worked out he could get the pink version which I didnt have but could get in, (obviously not for Christmas Day), and decided to go off to Argos 6 miles away and pay £8 extra for the privilege.

Thread Information