eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Fine Jewelry should mean Fine Jewelry

Forum Lurker
    View 1840clb's Feedback (+1)
    All-About 1840clb
    View 1840clb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is there a way to get this done, please?

Part of deciding on a listing category is perception, and it is awfully hard to match one person's perceptions with another. I go in ebid looking for vintage knitting books and am thinking Victorian, 1920s and search comes up with 1985 books. Seller was not dishonest or stupid by thinking a 25 year old book is old. His old is just not my kind of old.

Problems with the jewelry catogory might fall into this hole; piece is expensive (relatively), sparkles, is an old, nice piece, but not gold and diamonds, but it ends up being listed amongst them.

I'm a bit surprised this hasn't happened yet. It seemed there was a consensus among the jewelry sellers, and usually eBid makes these changes when enough people ask for it.

Perhaps this is going to take a lot more work (it does sound a bit complicated) and they haven't found the time yet.

Forum Lurker
    All-About 1840clb
    View 1840clb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had thought that it was sorted out as to how the jewelry should be categorized. But it looks like it is not going to get done. I do think that the Jewelry category needs to be redone so that like jewelry is together instead of everything being put all together. It makes looking for something too time consuming and buyers will just go else where to find what they are looking for, that is why I removed my listings to put them some where else. I have seen other categories added and changes for others on here but nothing being done with this one. Something needs to be done to make it better for jewelry buyers and sellers.
    Last edited by 1840clb; 13th February 2009 at 01:11 PM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About 1840clb
    View 1840clb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I really wish something could be done was this category.

I don'tthink Gazza has done any category changes for a few weeks now.

It may be hanging on the 'new look' we have been promised, or it may be because 'da Boyz' are just too busy.

I just wish they could at least pass comment on all these requests - by the time they get round to doing something, the request list will be immense!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1840clb View Post
    I had thought that it was sorted out as to how the jewelry should be categorized.
    I must have missed the post where it was sorted to everyones' satisfaction and sorry, I'm not trawling through 18 pages looking for it.

If it has been sorted, read the sticky at the top of the forum, make your request in the manner the site owners suggest and I'm sure they'll do it when they next review the category suggestions.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Lurker
    All-About 1840clb
    View 1840clb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Could we please get this sorted out so it can get done?????????????

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

If someone can point me to a structured list that has been agreen on to view we can make changes.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Somewhere in this sprawling thread, I think these have now been agreed upon:

Fine Jewellery -
    Metal (if any): Must be only 9Kt or finer gold, sterling silver, or platinum.
    Stones (if any): Must be genuine, cut or cabbed gemstones. This which would include high-quality semi-precious stones, most of which are already listed in the subcategories in eBid.

Fashion Jewellery - should have subcategories corresponding to the ones in Fine Jewellery -
    Metal (if any): Gold plated, gold rolled, gold filled, silver plated. Also the metals listed in Fine Jewellery if the stone doesn't qualify.
    Stones (if any): Manmade gemstones (such as CZ's), tumbled gemstones, artificially colored gemstones, any stones listed in Fine Jewellery if the metal doesn't qualify.

Costume Jewellery - anything not meeting the standards above
    Rhinestones, any other metals, imitation pearls, Avon jewellery, would be here.

There already are categories for Antique & Vintage and Artisan Jewellery, with quite a few subcategories. I've seen requests for specific subcategories in the forums for these. They seem to have different criteria, so it might be better not to force them to be listed with the new jewellery..
    This quote is from quite a bit earlier in the thread. It sounded as though the sellers were in agreement and there were no major discussions after I posted this.

Thread Information